15. Love Potions

The transition back to regular school time and not seeing each other took its tole on both Draco and Hermione. Although each one had their friends back they both missed sharing meal times and laughing in the evenings – and they both found it a lot harder to sleep now they didn't have each other. Hermione found herself crawling into bed with Katie most nights and Draco found himself shot out of sleep through nightmares.

The first week of term was the same as it was before Christmas, only both Draco and Hermione struggled to keep away from each other in lessons. They enjoyed most lessons they shared but they had to try and not draw attention to themselves – Hermione, however, struggled to not laugh or touch her boyfriend when he was in such close proximity.

**

The wind was bitter and blew straight through their cloaks in care of magical creatures. Hermione and Draco were partners for the feeding task they had been set; a large flesh eating slug sat in front of them, almost pulsating.

"Here" Draco handed her a pair of thick Dragon Hyde gloves as he slid some on himself, she took them from his grasp and slapped him over the arm with them playfully.

"Oi" he chuckled.

"'Alright 'ermione? Is Malfoy givvin' ya greif? I can remove 'im if ya wan'?" Hagrid walked over giving Draco an evil, piercing look.

"No I'm okay thanks Hagrid" Hermione smiled "Thanks though".

As Hagrid begrudgingly walked away, Draco turned to Hermione "Will he always have a problem with me?" he raised his eyebrows exhaustedly.

"Yes, you effectively tried to kill Buckbeak and that tore him into pieces" she shrugged.

"Oh... yeah I suppose I deserve that." Draco sighed as he tried to pick up some feed, he struggled to close his fingers because of the thickness of the gloves – making Hermione giggle at him. "Oi!" he laughed "I'd like to see you try!"

"Fine" she winked as she pulled off a glove "Wingardium Leviosa!" she enchanted as she levitated the food to the slugs.

Draco raised his eyebrow playfully "That's cheating Granger" he Half smiled "That's a very Slytherin thing to do" he joked "Have you been spending too much time with me?"

"Oh defiantly" she winked.

**

Hermione and Draco stood in potions brewing love potions when they noticed Blaze had whispered something into Katie's ear.

"Really?!" Katie grinned ear to ear in an attempt to whisper, she looked around quickly before nodding ecstatically. Picking up her cauldron she hauled it over to where Thompson's bench was.

Hermione looked towards Draco through knitted eyebrows, but he merely shrugged before looking at Blaze "What have you told Bell?" he asked with a smile growing on his face.

"Not what you think, I asked her if she could switch with Megan because I have a 'crush' on her" he half smiled "Simple, yet effective."

"Simple and risky" Draco raised his eyebrows towards his friend.

"Oh its only Katie" Hermione chuckled "I'll remind her later not to tell anyone" she nudged Draco's elbow as Thompson walked over and placed her cauldron on the desk.

"You called?" she winked up at Blaze who grinned on sight of her.

"See, I am smart" he poked his tongue out quickly, somehow when he did this it didn't look childish – but somehow flirty?

"Alright, alright already" Draco rolled his eyes as Hermione laughed at his apparent proodeness.

Megan laughed at his awkward outburst "So why am I wanted?" she smiled at Hermione who now opposite her.