Blood Sacrifice: 1. Escaping Fantasies

I groan out of frustration, running my hands through my hair. I know it's here somewhere but I can't find it.

"Xavier!" I scream, tossing my clothes on the ground. I'm going through all my drawers of clothes, trying to find my spandex. I need my spandex. "Xavier!" I scream louder, towards the bedroom door. I know he can hear me unless he's just playing around with me.

"Can you stop screaming? Everyone in this house has sensitive hearing and it's getting them pissed." Xavier barges in, shutting the door shut while my back is facing him.

"I can't find my spandex." I whine, slamming a drawer shut and turning to face him. "I need them."

"For what?" He asks, walking into the closet and going through piles of clothing.

"I am going out with Jillian and some other girls who I was on the volleyball team with. We are going to play some beach volleyball." I say, following him into the closet. Xavier grabs something with his fingers and pulls out my black spandex with hot pink designs on it.

"Are these it?"

"Yes! Thank you!" I shout, grabbing them and running to the bathroom to change. I get back out, picking up my hair into a pony tail while Xavier has his eyes narrowing at me. "What?" I ask, bringing my backpack on my back.

"You are not going."

"Why?"

"Because I say so." I see his eyes dart down at my outfit and I groan. It's hot out, it's the end of June and I just graduated from high school. Jillian thought it would be fun if we went out to the Grady Beach and go to the volleyball tournament. I'm wearing a tank top with my see through bikini top and my spandex.

"Too bad I am going." I check my cell phone that's in my hands and I smile. "Jillian is five minutes away." I start walking to the door but Xavier stops in front of me with vampire speed. His faded blue eyes are full with concern, his arms crossed over his chest.

"No, I don't want you to get hurt."

"I will be fine, I promise I won't dive a lot and get burns on my skin." I walk past him but he grabs me by my wrist. He spins me around and I slam into his chest, my arms between us.

"You know I am not talking about that, Diana. I am not stupid. I am a vampire and I know how young vampire guys think about human girls like you dressing like that and going out." He says, looking down at me. "I swear if someone lays a finger on you."

"I know how to defense myself. How about if you just come?" He let goes of me, sighing and running his hand through his dark hair that grew so much.

"I can't, I have some stuff to do."

"Busy, busy, busy." I mock while opening the door and going out to the hall.

"I'm being serious, Diana. If someone lays a finger on you, those guys will wish they didn't."

"If they do, I will hurt them myself."

"They will take an advantage of you and your human friends. You are part of the Royal family now. I need to protect you like I did for Juliet all these years." He says behind me while I stop walking. It's silent besides faded voices down the hall from us.

"Don't worry, Xavier. I will be okay." I say, turning around to face him. "How many times have I been out with friends after the accident and I'm still here?" I add, walking up to him and wrapping my arms around his neck. He rests his hands on my waist, giving me a tight squeeze.

"You are right I guess. I'm just overreacting."

"Thank you." I breath, bringing my face to his and giving him a quick peck on the cheek. I turn around to jog off but he grabs me by my arm and tugs me back to him. I spin around, our lips connecting. It was short and worthwhile, his chilling lips on my warm ones.

We pull away and I let him invade my neck, letting him kiss me softly and intensely. I let out a sigh of satisfaction while he pulls away, kissing my cheek before looking at me again.

"I just hope they all understand that you are mine." He whispers, placing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"They will." I whisper back, hugging him.

"Okay, let's end this lovey-dovey stuff." A voice says behind me and I turn around, coming to face Alexander.

"What do you want." I say jokingly while he points down the hall. Xavier pulls away from me, a slight smile appearing on his face from seeing his brother.

"Your friends are here to pick you up." He adds while I look down at my phone that's in my hand. I'm getting numerous of messages from Jillian that she's here. I was so out of the thought of leaving and loving Xavier.

"Oh crap, we are going to be late. Okay thanks." I say as Alexander nods and walks in his bedroom. I turn back to Xavier who rolls his eyes. I wink at him before sprinting down the hall.

"I won't be late!"

"You better promise that!" He shouts back while I just laugh out loud. I pass some workers who greet me quickly and guards. I finally reach the front doors and I run down the stairs to the dark blue car that is shining in the sunlight. At least it's not humid out because I would die from playing volleyball in that heat. Jillian is driving with Mackenzie, Zara and Nina in the backseats. Sucks for Zara who is sitting in the bitch seat which is the middle seat.

I jump in the passenger seat, looking at everyone who look back at me with a smile on their faces. I slip on my sunglasses, laughing while Jillian speeds off.

"Let's kick some ass in this tournament guys." I say while everyone cheers and Jillian blasts the radio on while she drives down the highway to Grady Beach.

Whew, first chapter guys.

I hope you all love the sequel as much as you loved the first book.

vote

comment

follow me :)