Blood Sacrifice: 5. To The Rescue

My screams became muffled when Ale was on top me and smothering my face. I tried to drag myself out from below him but his body weight was too much. The girls couldn't come to my rescue because the other boys were pushing them away. They all were screaming my name through the noise of the shallow waves near us. They sound like they are coming closer and closer to drift me away from them. 

I grab a fistful of sand in my hand and I lift it against Ale's face, smudging the sand over his eyes. He curses under his breath while pulling away from me and rubbing his sandy eyes. I roll onto my knees and I pull myself up, grabbing my backpack and running down the beach. 

I put on my back and luckily I was still wearing my sand socks because I know I wouldn't have been able to run in flip flops. The girls voices were fading in the wind and I know I shouldn't abandon them like that. They are my friends and I need to help them. I slow down my pace and when I turn around, I look towards the large fire that's near them. 

Ale is nowhere to be seen on the ground or around them, only the boys tailing the girls around so they won't escape. I gasp at the cold water that rushes up the sand and over my feet. No one is here, it is pitch dark. 

"Diana, Diana, Diana." I hear Ale tisk his tongue while saying my name. I turn around to follow his voice but he isn't behind me. "Did you really think I'd want to be friends with some pathetic human girls?" I spin my body around again when I hear his voice right behind me. A gust of wind brushes past me when he moves in vampire speed. I'm clenching onto my shirt tightly and I know it's getting wrinkled from my grip.

"Let us go, we won't harm you guys." I say to the air through gritted teeth because I don't know where he is. I hear water splash and when I face the ocean, he is in it. The water is above his ankles and his fangs are glistening bright from the moon's light. 

"Do you think we are scared of some teenage girls? Who can only win in a volleyball tournament?" I swallow loudly, shaking from the cold water over my feet and the warm breeze smashing into my body frame at the sametime. 

"I won't give up without a fight." He bursts out of laughter and he started to laugh so much that he clenched his stomach.

"Are you serious? Just tell your King of a boyfriend to quit the dumb act about having humans and vampires together. I'm done with this shit. We are suppose to be on top of the chain no matter what."

"If you have a problem with that, talk to him yourself. He might as well use your head as a souvenir." 

"Oh really?" I nod my head slowly but nervously. A smirk forms on his lips while he takes a step closer to me. "We'll see about that." I hear a scream near the bonfire and the girls are running. They are running towards the parking lot. I don't hesitate while I run up the sandy hill where the bathroom and food department is. 

I feel extremely tired running because the sand is sinking my feet down. I'm running with adrenaline pumping through my veins. Something that makes a vampire crave to play the hide n seek game. I'm so far away from the girls, they are running too fast on the pavement path that leads you to the parking lot. 

"Guys!" I scream, waving my arms around in the air, trying to get their attention. "Wait! Don't go!" I yell louder, the empty parking lot mocking my voice through echos. They all go in Jill's car and I see the backlights light on. I slow down when I watch them speed off and out of the parking lot onto the dead gravel path which takes you out of the beach. 

Tears fill my eyes when I spin in circles to see no one around me for help besides darkness. I quickly take my backpack off and I dig through my beach stuff to grab my cellphone. When I take it out I see that there are three missed calls from Xavier. I swallow the lump in my throat while I click on his name and I hear it ring.