Blood Sacrifice: 13. Training Disaster

"We need to start now." Xavier starts while pacing back and forth in the living room. I start to bite my nails nervously. May is sitting besides me but she's not paying much attention.

"We can't rush ourselves." Alexander replies and Xavier stops from pacing. He faces Alexander and purses his lips into a thin line.

"What do you want us to do? Wait and let them do something like they just did!" He shouts and I tell him to calm down. He downs the bourbon he was holding in his hand. Xavier places the glass onto the table besides.

The guards starts to dispose of the dead bodies down the hall and Antonia was in such shock she ran up in her bedroom and wanted to be alone. She's never in state of mind ever since Jean and Juliet died.

"No I'm saying we can't just start. We need a plan."

"I'm not going to have a plan and not know who's in this damn place to find out our plan. How in the hell did those bodies even get in here?" Xavier asks and we all shrug.

"I think we should be ready for whatever is going to happen." I start after a long silence devoured all of us. "We can prepare."

"By starting what first."

"Helping May control her powers. She's a big part of this battle. There's a reason why God gave her to us." I reply to Xavier and he looks at May before scoffing.

"We spoke about this before. We don't want her to be in harm."

"And our solution was have her until the big danger comes. She will come out alive no doubt." May looks up at me and I give her a soft smile, caressing her hair.

"Over my dead body, no one will go near her."

"Okay, when do you guys wanna start?"

The next morning May wakes Xavier and I up by jumping up and down on our bed.

"Wake up! It's time to control my powers!" She cheers and I laugh while Xavier grumbles and buries his head until the pillow.

"Alright alright let me get ready then we can go downstairs for breakfast." I reply while she plops down on her butt and I roll out of bed. I go into the bathroom to wash up and all. After finishing I leave Xavier to sleep more and May and I leave the room.

We finished eating breakfast and waited for Xavier to finish because he came much more later into the kitchen. He takes a sip of blood he had in a glass then brings his gaze to me.

"What?" He asks while I shrug, looking away.

"Where are we going to train her?"

"Downstairs, there's a large room for training where we train our guards."

"Oh okay." I look back up and a smirk slowly forms on his lips.

"Why? It's not enough?"

"No, no, it's perfect I just never knew we had that."

"Mhm..." He downs the blood and gets up from his seat. May and I awkwardly look at each other in confusion until Xavier stops from walking to the door. He turns to face us and gestures his head towards the door. "What are you waiting for? Let's start."

May cheers and jumps out of her seat and I follow along behind her. Xavier holds the door for us and he tells us to turn right. He opens a secret door I've never seen before that blends in with the wooden wall.

"Why is it camouflaging with the wall?" I ask him while going down the metal staircase.

"Just in case we are under attack. This room won't collapse." I reach the ground which is covered in soft mats. There are a group of men further down training and fighting each other.