Chapter One: Presenting, The Fandoms

Chapter One: Presenting, the Fandoms

Don't Hug Me I'm Scared rides nervously up in the elevator to the offices of Tumblr, Incorporated. The doors open and she anxiously steps out.

DHMIS: Hello?

She surveys the cubicles. No one looks up except for a short, young-looking guy wearing green overalls, a blue cape, and . . . a teapot on his head?

OTGW: Hi! You must be new here! I'm Over the Garden Wall!

DHMIS: [blushes] Uh, hi. I'm Don't Hug Me I'm Scared.

A boy in a reddish-pink sweater with a shooting star on it, trenchcoat, a pair of glasses, and a blue hat with a pine tree on it rushes over, tossing a used tissue into the trash and wiping his eyes with the back of his hand as he comes over.

Gravity Falls: I'm Gravity Falls! Pardon the tears. My show just ended. At least I have Journal 3 to look forward to!

OTGW: Hey, GF, this is Don't Hug Me I'm Scared.

Gravity Falls: That's a mouthful, isn't it? Then again, so is Over the Garden Wall, and he's my best friend! [winks cheesily]

OTGW: Well, we better show you around, huh? Don't want you getting lost.

Gravity Falls: Hey, that's your job!

The theme song plays.

Gravity Falls and OTGW guide DHMIS through the maze of cubicles, introducing her to people as they go.

Gravity Falls: This is Supernatural.

Supernatural, like Gravity Falls, is wearing a trench coat, as well as a weird amulet-necklace thing and a LOT of plaid. Supernatural's cubicle has a laptop on the table and is bedecked in salt, alcohol, shotguns, and . . . pentagrams and holy water?

Supernatural: Hello.

DHMIS: Hi.

Supernatural: [looks confused] [gesturing at her cubicle] You're not freaked out by any of this?

DHMIS: Well, my, uh, thing is made up out of five three-or-so minute videos, and the one that's the second least scary contains cannabalism, multiple murders, a lot of blood, cult worship, and cult sacrifice, so, uh . . . no, not really.

Supernatural:

DHMIS looks around at her other new coworkers, clearly not understanding

OTGW: Oh. She — She does this. It's . . . no big deal.