Chapter Thirty: Star Trek Apologizes for the Origin of Mary Sue

Percy Jackson races into the main offices, and vaults over a cubicle, accidentally dropping five empty folders and a blue marker on THG's face.

Percy Jackson: ITS BAD FANFICTION TIME

The theme song plays.

Everyone's reading. TUC, ironically, has a huge stack of books at his side. Harry Potter is sighing every two pages. She's reading my immortal. Warriors has got Starkit's Prophecy. Sherlock has something bad too. Supernatural's just reading Twist and Shout, I guess. Oh well. Anyway. Percy Jackson goes over to PtF and Antisocial Media, who are apparently central characters now. Okay then. (Man, I really should have seen this coming.) They're just sitting in the corner, murmuring to each other and huddled around a thing.

Percy Jackson: Hey you guys, why aren't you reading?

Antisocial Media and PtF: [in (vaguely spoopy) unison] We have a total of like two fanfics in our fandom.

PtF: One's a crossover —

Antisocial Media: — and one's just mine, but —

PtF: — there's soon to be one for meeeee!!

PtF and Antisocial Media: YAY!

Percy Jackson: Cool! So, whatcha doin' then?

Both of the twins get that one look on their face. Like, I mean the one you get when somebody asks you if you've done something you've had an entire day to do and then you keep smiling but it's really more of like a a wide-eyed, uncomfortable, and slightly guilty grimace. That one.

There is an uncomfortable silence.

NSP: [CENSORED]!!

Oh boy here it comes. Star Wars is about to do something stupid. Oh god.

Star Wars: HEY EVERYONE DID YOU KNOW THAT THE FIRST MARY SUE WAS IN ONE OF STAR TREK'S FANFICS

Star Wars jumps out the window, shouting something along the lines of "SEE YALL SUCKERRRRRS" as a parachute erupts into the sky above him.

Star Trek: [sweats]

Phandom is doing a dramatic reading in the corner, with Markiplier and Jacksepticeye fooling around and jokingly (and mockingly) trying to kiss each other like idiots in the exact way that Phandom is describing.

Phandom: And then Phil opened his mouth...

Markiplier leans towards Jacksepticeye with his eyes closed, mouth wide open, and arms behind his back, but Jacksie maneuvers around so Mark ends up just licking one of his feet. Phandom chokes on his own spit as Mark opens his eyes, horrified, but keeps reading.

Markiplier: [running to the nearest water fountain] aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGHHHHHHHH

Meanwhile, in the next corner over, a whole bunch of musical fandoms (tøp, Crybaby, DHMIS, Hamilton, and Steven Universe) are dancing and singing / playing viola (SU) along to Ode to Sleep. tøp and Hamilton are the only ones that can rap fast enough for the rap part, but Hamilton doesn't know the lyrics, so tøp is just finishing up.