Day 5

Day 5: Write a scene that takes place on a farm.

"I bet that I'll beat you to the otherside!" My little sister jeered at me with a sneer, provoking me even further than before. 

"You're on!" I replied tauntingly as I crouched down to the ground as fast as I could, preparing to run at the top speed I could. 

"Ready."

"Set."

"Go!"

And with that we bounded across the open feild where our dairy cows were resting on. The curls of my brown hair bounced from side to side, blowing along in the breeze ever so gently. Little beads of sweat had formed on my forehead as I kept the end goal in sight. 

Focus. I told myself as I noticed a cow stray from the others out of the corner of my eye. Of course I thought it was a little strange, but I thought nothing of it. Cows can be independent sometimes, depending on their personality and age. Why should this one old heffer concern me?

Squish! I felt something slimey and gooey on the bottom of my foot, answering one of my questions of nagging doubt in my mind. However, I was not prepared for what was to come next. The stench of the substance was so putrid I shut my eyes for a split second, only to open them to a big old heffer's dirty hind end. 

"What the-?" I started but never finished as I felt a similar substance to the one on my foot plop on top of my head and trickle down the crook of my neck. 

OH NASTY!!!!!