Day 17

Day 17: Write a scene that you've always been afraid to write about; break out of your comfort zone.

>>> Taken from my Axl Van Barron series! Stay tuned for my new book series coming soon! <<<

The whirring of their time machine set to auto-pilot had lulled them both into mini-trances. Axl transfixed, Vasia focusing on her fidgeting body. She constantly clamped and separated her legs, causing Axl to fidget a little in his seat. He knew what was happening with her, but didn't dare declare his deductions. Besides, if it wasn't for her fidgeting, the faint smell of something sweet would have given her away.

His eyes wandered up to her lips, the tips of her upper teeth gripped her lower plump pillow. "Damn it Vasia," he thought to himself as he forced images of old ladies to his brain.
She cast a glance over towards him and smiled weakly, trying hard to fight back the obvious. Vasia, unlike her predecessor Alentae, was not as forward about her sexual side, which Axl was okay with. As soon as Alentae flashed through his mind, guilt sprung up and an old memory of her standing in the rain had crept in.

It had been not six days after they banded together to fight a group of corrupt ex-CIA agents when Alentae had opened up to him about her recent break up. They both were walking along the street...

Axl signed and immediately punched the seat he was in. Vasia jumped in her seat before recognizing the distraught look in his eyes. He couldn't stop the deers and the silver car's window rolling down just enough for the barrel of a gun to poke through.

"God no. Don't let me relive this!" Axl balled up his fists and cradled his head between them.

The echo of the gun forever implanted in his memory, as well as the squeal of tires speeding away, ricocheted across the wide road. Time slowed down, the bullet inching its way toward them. Alentae pushing him out of the way. Her blue eyes wide with horror as it approached  her and shot clear through into her head. The hole gaping in her forehead, bright red with blood was the only thing Axl could focus on as their bodies flew backwards, hers landing on top of his.

Minutes passed by like hours, before he turned her over. The blood from her forehead left a stain on his shirt. Her wide blue eyes had faded into a grey lull, but the look of shock was forever frozen on her face- staring up at him vacantly.

"It should have been me! It should have been me!" he sobbed.