Chapter 20

(June 29th {present time})

"Carter." I looked at Harry, tears of joy spewing out of my puffy eyes. How did he know that was the name I wanted? He remembered.

"I love it." The doctor smiled at the three of us before writing the name down on the birth certificate. I look back to Harry and I see an odd look appear on his face. He bent over to my level and pecked my lips. "What was that for?" I say; a new type of smile spreading across my lips. "...To tell you that I forgive you. We can't go on staying mad at each other when we have a baby that we made because we were in love. Correction: are in love." I think I heard it right; he's forgiven me!

A small noise escaped Carter's mouth below me. Both me and Harry's eyes were directed to our daughter, whose mouth was wide open in a deep yawn. "She must be exhausted from all of the commotion." I smiled greatly as her eyes slowly shut and she drifts off to sleep.

She held my finger in her hands, not letting it go. I couldn't help, but to think about her future. The boys are off to their X Factor tour soon and who knows what's next for them. A world tour? How is it going to be for her to be without Harry for that long?

"Do you want to tell the boys?" I ask Harry as he adores our sleeping baby. With a swift nod, he leaves the room, along with all of the remaining nurses, leaving me alone with Carter.

I grasp her tiny hand with the rest of my fingers, admiring how soft her skin was. It took 9 months of pure drama and stress, but today, it finally ended. Our daughter was born and I'm hoping everything will be okay now. Harry has forgiven me, Zayn has backed off, and Louis has finally put a smile on again. All is well that ends well.

A knock was sounded on the door of the hospital room and my attention was drawn to five boys with big smiles and arms full of presents and flowers standing at my door. I hold my finger up to my mouth to signal to them to be quiet and they all enter the room cautiously. All eyes were planted on Carter, who was sound asleep, not having a care in the world.

"Boys, meet Carter Lynn Styles." I say, proud what Harry and I have brought into this world. I soon feel Harry grab hold of my free hand. "I love it." Louis says with the corners of his mouth reaching his ears. "What are we gonna do when we go on tour?" Louis throws out a question that I've been stressing over for a while now. "Yeah! I don't want her to be left behind!" I glare at Harry as he makes a face at what Liam added on. "Why don't Lexi and Carter just come with us?" Niall's puppy dog face almost made me collapse. Damn that boy. He is too fucking adorable.

"I don't know, lads. We are going to have to ask Simon about it." Harry finally speaks after a moment of silence on his part.

I glance over to Zayn; who seems to not be interested in the conversation. He just stood there, staring at Carter. What's his problem?

After setting the loads of gifts down on the little side table near my bed, the boys all said their goodbyes' so that me and Harry could have so alone time with our new born baby.

As soon as they left, I look at Harry with a grin. "What?" he asks so innocently. "So are we...back together now?" before another word was spoken, he leaned down and kissed my lips softly, his hands cupping my cheeks as he used to do.

Pulling away, he smirked.

"You tell me, Lex."

___________________________________

A/N: you guys did an AMAZAYN job at the goals! im going to raise them dramatically cuz my co author is out for a few days. this is just a little chapter to feed your appetite. I need 30 comments and 25 votes for an update. god luckko!