Chapter XVIII- Closer

“Natsu, why don’t you eat something first, you’ve been here all along. Go, take a rest. I’ll take care of her” Levy offered.

I shook my head saying no, I want her to see me first when she wakes up. Waiting everyday for her to wake up, forever I will.

It has been weeks already, she’s still not waking up. I tried asking the doctor about her condition calmly, but before I did, I made myself sure that I’d be ready to hear the truth.

“Ms. Heartfilia has a head injury; a crucial part of her head was bumped and resulting her brain to sleep.” The doctor started explaining.

“What do you mean?” I asked taking a deep breath readying myself for the next words I’m going to hear.

“Her heart is alive and pumping, but her brain is half dead.” The doctor simplified.

“So what are the possible things that we should expect to happen?” I asked with all my courage.

“There are two things that would happen in scientific views, if ever the dead part of her brain lives, she lives but if it doesn’t and scatters all over to the living part, that just literally means that the dead cells will eat the living cells until the whole brain dies. And that means, she’s not going to make it” he straighten.

I went back to her room, down and worried. I feel like crying, what am I going to do without her? I shouldn’t just have left. If I didn’t, things may not be this complicated. I should just have explained to her and waited for her to forgive me. I was a jerk. I shouldn’t have just played that stupid game and met Asuna.

Holding Lucy’s hands, praying to God to wake her up, I don’t know what I’d do if she doesn’t wake up. Levy is crying, Gray and Loke aren’t coming anymore and Lucy’s Mom arrived but also is confined for breathing difficulties when she knew about what happened to Lucy.

“Gray and Loke couldn’t stand watching Lucy like this?” Jellal said.

“It’s hard watching Lucy like this, there are so many wires stuck unto her body, life support, oxygen, dextrose, and that wire thing on her finger, a plaster all over her head. Natsu, this is all killing me. Lucy like this, I can’t stand it; the lively and cheerful Lucy, now lying on a bed, fighting for her life.” Levy added while crying her heart out.

“Natsu? Why does she still look pale? Is she alright? What did the doctor say?” Levy asked.

We looked at her and she started shaking, her whole body is. His eyes deeper, and circle around her eyes getting darker, she was uncontrollably shaking. Levy leaned to me, crying and weeping.

Watching Lucy like, this her body is shaking, heart rate going down, Jellal and Zeref waking her up, screaming and shouting her name. That moment, I didn’t know what to do. It was like between life and death, it was a moment that I was scared most of. I pushed Levy away and went out of her room screaming and asking for the doctor.

The doctors and nurses came rushing to Lucy’s room, I could hear toot, the sound stating an almost dying heart rate, I didn’t go back inside since Levy, Jellal and Zeref were asked to come out by the doctors. Levy hugging Zeref, crying.

“What’s going to happen to her? Tell me. Is she going to be alright?” Levy asked.

“She will live. She will be fine,” I replied.

We moved to the other side to see what’s happening to Lucy, watching her through the clear glass fighting for her life, the doctors doing their best to cure her, Lucy fight back.

The doctor closed the curtains, and so we were not able to see her anymore, but why?

This breaks my heart, shattering. I couldn’t do this anymore, if I could give my life in order for her to live. I would.