Chapter XXXVI- Unrealistic Scheme

Levy dropped the tray and her eyes widened. Her eyes were teary, why did she react like that?

The atmosphere got intense and I felt like it was really Lucy, tears from my eyes fell and started to scream like an insane person, the people in the funeral started to gather around us.

“Who is the girl that I loved so much? Was it her? Was it the girl with the beautiful face who’s lying on that deathbed? Was it?” I screamed as I could feel my body shaking, tears couldn’t stop from falling. How could I be so emotional when they haven’t given me an answer yet?

“No! She’s not” Lucy’s mom replied who was introduced to be Layla.

I couldn’t believe of what she just said, I mean. I don’t understand what I’m feeling anymore.

I walked out and felt extremely mad, what is happening to me? I went back to the hotel I checked in and took a shower. What is happening to me seriously?

Lucy Heartfilia. Who are you? Why are you doing this to me? I could feel and really thought that you were the girl that I loved, but I was wrong. Who are you to me? And who is that girl that I loved?

As I dry off my hair, I sat on the bed still feeling confused. Then, someone made a knock on my door. I stood up and headed near the door to check who was it, and it was Levy.

“Hey” she greeted. I gave her a smile, and apologized for what happened earlier. It was a bit embarrassing for me to act like that for nothing.

“Have you eaten already?” she asked as she hugs a paper bag with some food in it.

I gave her a smile and shook my head, she took out some stuff from the paper bag and placed it on the table, she looked so natural and she moves around so informal that I could say that we must be very close before, makes me think maybe she was the girl that I loved.

“Levy..” I slowly spoke her name to ask her about the girl that I loved, “was it you?” I asked.

She didn’t look at me, and tears were about to fall from her eyes, her nose turned red and that moment I felt like maybe she was really the one.

I walked to her and hugged her, that moment I felt emotional, “I’m sorry” I whispered.

She cried a loud as I hug her and comfort her; I kept on whispering how sorry I am for not knowing and just realizing it.

“I’m sorry” she said. “Shhh.. there’s no need to be sorry, it’s my fault” I replied.

I hugged her even tighter, I keep on blaming myself how come I didn’t realize it was her, I jumped into conclusion without even noticing her.

She kept on crying so I thought of bringing her out and go on a date, as we go out and have fun. Levy started asking me questions I didn’t expect.

“Do you really not remember Lucy?” she asked, I shook my head telling her I unfortunately don’t.

Why is she bringing her up? Isn’t she jealous of her? Isn’t she jealous that I first noticed and suspected Lucy as the person I loved than her?

“You see, Lucy was someone very close to you. You even call her princess.” She tries to remind me.

Why is she saying all of these, I mean like I know it’s good but why not tell things about us, I mean she’s far more important to me than Lucy isn’t it?

Levy’s eyes looked so deep and sad; it felt like she’s feeling something, feels like she wants to say something but just can’t say it. I don’t know, I want to be fair, and honest but it just feels like something isn’t right.

“Natsu, can you meet me tomorrow?” she asked.

Without hesitating, I nodded and said sure. I wonder what she’s up to.

I went back to the hotel and Levy went to Lucy’s wake, as I couldn’t be in place, I decided to go to Lucy’s wake.

Upon arriving there, Lucy’s mom welcomed me with a warm hug, she was teary, I know it’s normal to be teary eyed, but I know this tear means something else, something else aside from her daughter’s death.

The hug was long and meaningful, she was finally crying and she dragged me out of the place, seems like she wants to say something to me in private.

“Did you meet Levy?” she asked, I nodded and said we did.

“Oh! That’s good, did she tell you anything?” she asked again, I told her about what Levy told me about being in a relationship before; she hugged me again and gave me a tap.

I nodded as if I understand her. Tomorrow is Lucy’s burial, I wonder why I feel so uneasy, I feel so guilty, I feel like I have to mourn more than everyone else.

I went back to my hotel room still feeling guilty, I also feel sorry for Levy, for hurting her. It just doesn’t seem real that I will have a relationship with her, I mean like it’s not about physical aspects or ideal girls; it just feels like something else is going on. As I lie on the bed, I couldn’t sleep, Lucy’s burial tomorrow. It’ll be the last time to see her.