Chapter XVII- The day I lost her

(Natsu's Narration)

I was riding on the bus feeling sad and worry. Guess I have to leave; it would be the best for everyone especially for Lucy and me. Everything starts to stop working with us, and I don’t want to lose her in a rather painful way.

Asuna, she was very lovely and nice. But Lucy is the one I love. Its 4:55 in the afternoon already, I stood up from the waiting shed and looked on the corners, so what am I thinking? That Lucy would come running to stop me? To be together? After all, would she still forgive me?

The bus arrives and I guess it’s time for me to leave already; she’s not coming why even think about it? I went on the bus and took my seat. 3rd seat on the right side facing the east, Lucy even if my grandfather asks me to go back to Japan, If you’ll stop me, I swear. I swear I’m going to stay for you to be with you forever.

Its 5, time for the bus to finally leave. This was such a very nice place, Fiore. I will forever remember this place and the moments I’ve treasured in my heart until my heart stops beating.

Taking a last look on the streets and corners of the place where I used to walk around. Putting on my headset and listen to the music which Lucy and I used to listen together. Suddenly, in a force, I was pushed forward and I dropped my ipod on the floor. Why did the bus stop suddenly like it hit someone? I reach for my ipod and pulled off my headset wonder what could be wrong along the road. Maybe just some tire problem, I was too lazy to check it out so I stayed on my seat waiting for the bus to move. I put on my headset again and listened to the music, then I could notice people from the back seat standing up and rushing to leave the bus, could there possibly a bomb around here? I stood up feeling nervous and worried. As I step out from the last step out of the bus, I saw people gathering around in front of the bus, it was too crowded that it was so hard for me to see what’s going on.

“What happened?” I asked my co-passenger.

“A girl suddenly crossed the road without paying attention and got hit by our bus...” the passenger explained.

I did my best to see, and seek in to the gathering crowd. And as I was about to get to the center where the girl is lying, and there I did. It was Lucy who got hit by the bus. I couldn’t make a move; I couldn’t even say a word. My whole body was shaking, why? I ran to her, asking her to please wake up. Her head was full of blood, her lips so pale, eyes darker and deeper and his whole body unconscious.  Wake up!

That moment seeing her bathed with blood, lying on the ground unconscious and fighting for her life. That’s when I realized, seeing her like this is more painful than leaving. I tapped on her cheeks as strong as I could; wake up Lucy was the words I kept on repeating. In any minute Levy arrived asking what happened. I couldn’t even explain what exactly happened. My whole body is shaking, what if, what if she doesn’t wake up? What if she loses too much blood? I was hugging her with my arm, still trying to wake her up, Levy on my right holding Lucy’s hands, on her knees asking God to end everything okay. That moment, when I saw Levy cry, I could feel the pain even more.

The ambulance arrives and brings her to the nearest hospital, Levy and I rode with her too.

Lucy looked paler, her hair and clothes stained with blood, and his pulse rate getting lower. I screamed asking the driver to hurry. She’s dying! I hate to say this but she is!

Arriving in the hospital, carrying her down and pushing the bed with wheels as fast as we could, everything’s going to be okay. We weren’t allowed to enter the operation room, we waited almost 3 hours outside, and waiting for her was so stressful, thinking you wouldn’t know how it would turn out.

“Natsu, Natsu. What are we going to do? I don’t know what I’m going to do if something happens to her.” Levy cried as I slowly reach for her and hug her.

“Natsu, what am I going to do? I’m scared. I don’t know how I should feel when the doctor comes out, I don’t know if it went successful or not.” She added as I could feel her hands shaking.

“She’ll be alright” I said as I hug her even tighter.

Lucy, you’re going to be okay. This is all my fault, I’m sorry. It’s almost 10 in the evening and the doctor hasn’t come out yet. Zeref arrives together with Jellal and Gray.

“What happened?” Jellal asked.

None of us answered his question, please! Please, tell me Lucy will be fine. They waited with us on the bench facing the operation room.

After waiting, the doctor comes out..

“She’s safe for now.” He said.

“For now? You mean just for now?” Gray cleared.

“She lost a lot of blood, but no worries since we had extra bags from Red Cross. The problem is, her head was badly injured. This may lead to brain damage or brain death. She will need to be confined and stay in the hospital for daily check-up, and undergo surgeries to make sure the activeness of her brain and worse, heart.” The doctor explained.

Levy biting her nails, shaking. Zeref and Jellal with eyes opened, Gray and I shaking heads. Unbelievable!

“Wait, so you mean? She’s still unconscious right now? She’s asleep?” Gray asked.

“Yes she is in a deep sleep. Ms. Heartfilia is.” He assured.

“Please, doctor! I don’t care how long she sleeps or stays in this hospital as long as you can make sure she’s going to wake up.. Assure me, please!” Gray begged.

“You know, brain has two hemi-spheres. Head Trauma is the right…..” the doctor hasn’t finished.

“I don’t care about your head trauma, your explanation. All I ask for is a word that she’s going to be fine... Now tell me she’s going to be fine. right?” Gray said.

Gray was a bit over-board. The doctor left without a word, so does this means it’s still not sure if Lucy would wake up and live again?

After then Lucy was transferred to the ICU. Holding her hands, crying myself out asking her to open her eyes, wake up and live again.