Chapter XXIX- Given Up

(Levy's last narration)

He walked ahead without even saying a word, but it doesn’t matter now. What’s important is that Lucy wakes up.

Lucy’s Mom is giving up, I am giving up, Zeref, Jellal and Loke are giving up, even me. Looks like Natsu, Sasuke and Gray are the only ones left holding on.

We went back to Lucy’s room seeing Natsu beside her. Then, Gajeel barges in with a friend. A white short haired young lady. I wonder who this girl is Gajeel bringing.

“Everyone! This is Lisanna Strauss, she’s a friend I met online, and she’s from Japan. She’s a Sword FairyTail Online solo player for almost 10 years.” Gajeel introduced.

Natsu’s eyes were wide open,

“Natsu! You’re here!” Lisanna exclaimed.

So they know each other? Natsu was uneasy; he looks startled when he saw Lisanna.

I think they are neighbours or something in Japan.

“What are you doing here?” Natsu asked Lisanna.

“Gajeel-sama asked me to come. He said someone needed my help. Now I wonder why they didn’t ask help from you, I bet you’re a better player than me” Lisanna said emphasizing the word player.

“Whatever! Help me with her then, she’s in comma, her 70% dead but her heart is 101% working; we thought of letting her use the nerve gear so we could meet in the game but we both had a new game. I can’t remember her; she can’t remember me in the new game. How do we make this easier and solve this?” Natsu demanded; he talks informally to Lisanna, they talk like something happened to them before, something different.

Lisanna gave her a smile then she frowned.

“Oops! Looks like Natsu doesn’t respect me at all, feels like you guys don’t need me. I think, I’ll just arrange my flight back to Japan.” Lisanna said. What? What does she mean by that?

I looked at Natsu telling him to be nice to her.

80% brain dead is already considered dead, why does he still make fuss of that 20%? Look at me, I’ve accepted the Lucy’s gone, but yet still hoping she’s going to come back and live. Please, if ever she dies, why can’t she die now? Everyone’s having a really hard time.

“Okay! Okay! I need you. So please, please stay and help us” Natsu moaned. I’m sure he was just forced to say it; why does he hate Lisanna anyway? I think I already know now.

“Solving this entire thing is impossible, but if we all work together, maybe we could make it happen. Look, why don’t we let someone else in?” Lisanna suggested.

“Someone else in? What do you mean?” Jellal questioned with his voice raised.

“Just as you said, Lucy and Natsu both deleted their accounts, so both have to set new game, but then again new game means new memory. Why don’t we let someone else in? Like if Natsu and Lucy don’t know each other in the game, why don’t we let another player get in and let that player introduce Natsu to Lucy or with each other? Get it? Is there someone else here playing Sword Fairytail Online?” Lisanna asked.

Yeah, she’s good. She’s totally good. Why didn’t we think of that before? She came all the way from Japan to say that, why didn’t she just send it as a message? Gajeel has been so proud to have her around, looks like she’s such a big help when she’s really not.

“I play Sword Fairytail Online, Zeref, Levy and you” Gajeel pointed at Lisanna.

There’s no way I’m getting in. I don’t want to be the bridge though I wanted them together. This is all nonsense; she’s not waking up anymore. And only 20% of her brain is working how can she manage to do and remember things in a virtual world? I just realized that bringing Lisanna here and suggesting this idea is really a bad thing, we are not even sure if Lucy’s brain is still going to respond to the nerve gear thing. Lisanna just raised everybody’s hopes up and ends up disappointed again. I’m tired of this, Aunt Layla’s right, we should’ve just given up Lucy from start, she’s not waking up and there’s no possibility anymore. I should talk to Aunt Layla about this.