Chapter XXXV- New Encounter

hello there guys, I am very sorry for my very late update,, Last october 11, 2013 my 23 yr old sister was involved in a vehicular accident and was in coma for 4 nights and then just passed away :'( I was very busy at my sister's funeral so I wasn't able to write.. I know her story is kind of like Lucy here, she was also brain dead. I feel sad for my sister's boyfriend, and now since we are just two daughters and now she's gone looks like I'm going to be the only child. I am  very sorry for the inconvinience.. I hope you'd still read the continuation.. Thankyou so much

anyways, here's the continuation...

(Natsu's POV)

I checked in to a hotel a just newly encounter, this place looks so strange, and I mean I don’t even know why I’m here. And who were those persons I just talked to earlier? I know I have amnesia, but they seem to be such strangers to me. It feels like I really don’t know them, except for the girl in the coffin. Who is she? And how did she die? When I saw her it felt like she means something to me, something really big but I just couldn’t figure it out. I tried asking Sasuke, but he told me to forget what happened today.

By this hour, what I must be doing is catching my flight back to Japan, but I just don’t why something is holding me back, something inside me is telling me to stay and wait. This feels really strange.

I talked to Grandpa about staying here a bit longer, to wander and maybe I could remember some things why I stayed here before and why I still want to stay here.

This place looks exactly nothing in Japan, this place looks nothing in my ambitions, but why do I feel like staying here?

The next day, on a grocery shop I saw Sasuke and the blue haired girl. They were shopping a lot, really a lot. I wonder what it is for, I called Sasuke since he’s the only person I can trust for since he’s one of the first person’s I saw when I woke up.

“Hey!” I greeted, in my surprise the girl looked away.

Sasuke gave me a smile, I asked them why they bought a lot, and he said it’s for the funeral. Oh yeah, the girl? What’s her name again? I couldn’t seem to remember it.

Since Sasuke mentioned that I belonged to a circle of friends before, I thought maybe I should get to know them again and go back to the normal life I had before, maybe that’s the reason inside me that’s telling me to stay.

I helped them with the groceries and finally arrived in the wake, the girl who is said to be Levy still looked mad at me. Is she someone I dated before? Or did I ditch her?

What did I do? It feels such a burden to me doing this too, I’m just doing it so maybe I could find myself, know what I was before, and determine the things why something is holding me here.

The dead girl’s mom look devastated, he was in surprise when he saw me. He ran to me and hugged me so tight, “I’m really glad you’re here. I really am” she whispered.

It really felt awkward thinking a stranger is hugging me, though I know that they knew me before, but still it’s still hard for me.

Feeling the warmth of her hug, I felt like I must’ve a very close relationship to her before, and hopefully for the first time because of her hug I can slowly feel why I wanted to stay here.

The girl in the coffin must have a good relation with me too since her mom and I are close.

The hugging scene stopped and I get to think of watching the girl’s beautiful face lying on the coffin.

Her mom came to take a look at her with me too, as I stare unto her I don’t need to wonder why many people have sent flowers to her bed, looking at her beautiful face I could say she has a beautiful heart too. Who was she to me and why does it feel like she means something to me? Could it possibly be someone that I loved before? Was I in a relationship with her before?

Questions just couldn’t stop running through my mind, who is she? How did she die? And why do I get this feeling whenever I think of her? Though she’s in a situation like this she looked like a princess surrounded by carnation pink flowers, then I looked to the right there saw a couple of lovely pictures of her, just seeing them makes me feel like I know her already. Lucy Yuuki Heartfilia was the name written below the photos.

Seeing a beautiful girl in coffin hurts like hell, though I couldn’t figure out yet who she was to me I’m sure she was someone really important. If she wasn’t my girlfriend then she must be my best friend. I could feel a lot of people loved her. I wonder what happened to his boyfriend after knowing this. It must be really painful for him to be apart from someone like her. Though I forgot her, but I know she’s someone worth dying for.

A few moments passed, I decided to go outside for a fresh air, and there I saw a guy that I saw yesterday.

“Hey!” I greeted as I sat beside him on the wooden bench facing Sasuke’s house.

He was still silent; he must be someone who knows me. Should I introduce myself? If not then how will I know his name, it’d be weird of like I ask him his name right?

“Gray, Gray Fullbuster” he said. So he got what’s on my mind.

“Do you really not know me anymore?” he asked.

It took me a few seconds to give my answer, I feel really sorry saying no.

“You know, it really doesn’t matter to me if you know me or not, doesn’t matter if you don’t plan on being friends with me again or have the relationship we had back then. When you were unconscious, all I prayed for was for you to wake up because that’s what she prayed for you. Though we didn’t have the best of friends’ relation before but you mean so much to the person who means so much to me too, so it left me no choice but to give importance to you for her. I had been so jealous of you, I met her first but you have her. I didn’t stand a chance since I could feel that she already liked you, we haven’t spent times but she cared for me and was scared to hurt my feelings so she hid the fact that she’s already in a relationship to you.” he said.

I couldn’t figure out to whom “HER” he was talking about.

“Then, instead of hurting because I can’t have her, I thought of staying away from the group. But instead, she held me in and asked me to stay, though it was painful at first, she taught me change. Instead of being mad and jealous, she taught me to be happy for her and then I realized you deserve each other so then I started being happy for her and for you. It was already so perfect but then things tragic things happened so fast. So fast that when we took a look we already found this” he continued on.

Now, I’m really getting the feeling that the girl she is referring to is the girl on the deathbed.

I couldn’t wait any longer, I feel extremely sad if I was the girl’s boyfriend, but it’s too impossible. Why do I feel like crying?

“May I ask, may I ask who is the girl I had in a relationship with?” I slowly asked without hesitation, though I wasn’t hesitant but I was nervous and scared to what his answer is going to be.

Before Gray could answer my question, Levy barged in. She was bringing a tray with snacks on it. But I didn’t let her spoil the moment; I couldn’t wait any longer to hear the answer. Since Gray felt like changing the topic, I asked again. “­­­Was she Lucy?”