Chapter XXXVII- FACING REALITY

The morning finally came; I took a shower and headed to straight to Lucy’s house.

From the look I could say Lucy’s mom didn’t get enough sleep, if I was her I would do the same thing.

I went to her and she asked me if I know where Levy is,

“I don’t know but I’m going to meet her after lunch today.”  I answered.

After Lunch? Isn’t that Lucy’s burial? Is Levy avoiding Lucy’s burial?

“Natsu? No matter what happens, you should listen to Levy. Don’t me mind or Lucy, You should meet her after lunch today, okay?” she assured.

Is it okay for her if I don’t attend to her daughter’s burial? I mean like, why is she pushing me away so hard? Feels like she doesn’t want me to attend my friend’s burial.

The time flew so fast, Aunt Layla invited me for lunch, as I sat on the table on her front; she was staring at me the whole time. I started to get confused, why is the atmosphere like this? Why do I feel this way?

“Is there something on my face?” I asked.

She shook her head as she wipes the tears with her hands, she must be sad. How I wish I could just stay and comfort her, I can meet Levy some other time and is Levy not attending the burial too? Is our topic more important than Lucy’s burial? I wonder what it is,.

I couldn’t eat like this, I feel so sorry for her.

It’s already 1pm, then I got a message from Levy:

“Let’s meet at the south park. If you don’t remember, it’s somewhere near the airport.”

She left a message like a friend, she must’ve felt awkward. She must’ve felt that I don’t much like to be with her.

As I stood up to bid my good bye to Aunt, I went to her and gave her a hug then I whispered.

“Aunt. Everything will be fine, I really want to stay but you said I have to go and meet Levy. Thankyou and I will try to catch up if I could. Don’t cry too much, Lucy will be sad”

She nodded and I wiped her tears as I turned around.

As then, on my way out, I stopped by to see Lucy for the last time, something with this girl, there is something with this girl. Then, I walked out, as I reached 5 steps away from the coffin, I heard someone calling out my name, I stopped then looked back. It’s Aunt Layla.

“Natsu! Do you mind? Do you mind calling me “mommy” in front of Lucy?” she asked.

It felt so weird for me calling her Mommy, but I know in my heart that I always wished for one.

I don’t know but it felt like a magic pulled me to her, without any words, I rushed to her and hugged her so tight. “Mommy” I called out as I hug her even tighter, I didn’t know what I felt but I noticed my tears falling.

“Mom, mommy!” I repeated.

After a few moments, she grabbed my arms away from her and pushed me away.

“Go! She’s waiting” she said.

I nodded; I didn’t want to leave, but it felt like I have to. As I arrived on the bus station, my bus finally came right in time.

I sat on the 3rd seat on the right side of the bus facing the east; I took out my iPod and saw a playlist titled “Natsu and Lucy”. My heart started to race, but didn’t mind at all.

I felt uneasy and looks like I have the clue, or maybe Lucy and I were just really close.

The bus is leaving, and I’m listening to the song “more than words” my heart raced more and I started to shake, best friends wouldn’t listen to this kinds of song together would they?

Then, suddenly a force pushed my body forward and pulled. I dropped my iPod, I reached for it as quick as I could and pulled off the earphones on my earphones. I wonder what happened. Then, I heard that a girl was bumped by the bus I’m riding. It’s kind of really very inconvenient for this kind of things to happen when you’re really in a hurry, it just pissed me of

I put on my earphones again, and then the guy sitting next to me stood up and rushed out. I was kind of disturbed with him, he didn’t even say excuse me.

I stood up and went out of the bus, looks like I’m the only one inside.

Then, I saw the guy who was sitting beside me crying,

“Hinata! Wake up! Please wake up” he screamed as he placed the girl’s head on his arms.

So childish, the girl was bathed with blood, she looked paler and I could say she’s dying. She’s losing too much blood, we have to call out an ambulance.

Wake up Hinata, no matter how many times you say that, she’s not going to.

But what is this I’m feeling, I stared to the guy, he was on his knees begging for the girl to wake up. I looked at the bus and look at the girl, this situation is so familiar.

Many things have been becoming familiar to me, mommy? Bus, ipod, playlist, Lucy.. Lucy! Princess!

My tears fell unconditionally, so I was the unlucky person who got left by his girlfriend.

I ran as fast as I could to head back to Lucy’s house, so it was really her, I knew it. I could feel it, it was really her. But why did Levy pretend it was her? It doesn’t matter right now; I have to see Lucy before she gets buried.

It took me so long to arrive at the house, but then her death bed is not there already, I ran out and rode a cab heading to the cemetery, I asked the driver to hurry, recalling how I asked the ambulance driver to hurry before too.

Arriving at the cemetery, it was the moment when they have to bury Lucy, I was too speechless, I didn’t know what to say.

“Remember everything now?” Sasuke gave the intro.

I nodded, “Go! You can still stop them for a minute.” He said. I nodded again and run to her.

I hugged her coffin and cried myself out; it felt like I cried the tears I wanted to cry few years ago. I kept on screaming out for her name, remembering what I did last year, asking her to wake up and stay with me. Now I can’t ask her that, looks like I have to say wait up and take me now.

Everything in my heart got all out, it felt I’ve been waiting for someone for a thousand years and here’s what I’ve been waiting for, was it worth the wait? Lucy.

. Lucy lying on the bed dead?