Chapter 17: Hunting for a Name

Today is the day, Carter gets his cast off! I rolled over as best as I could and slowly hoisted myself out of bed. It's Christmas Eve and we're going to be spending it in the hospital, but that's okay.

I walked to my closet and grabbed some yoga pants, a purple long sleeved shirt, my white vest, and my Ugg boots. I put it all on quickly because some how I had woken up 10 minutes late. I threw my hair up into a messy ponytail and curled it, brushed my teeth, and headed downstairs, waiting for Carter to pick me up. Baby boy was kicking me like crazy so I walked back up the stairs to his unfinished room, sitting down in the rocking chair.

"Hush little baby don't say a word, momma's gonna buy you talking bird, and if that talking bird don't sing, momma's gonna buy you a diamond ring.." I continued to sing and rub my stomach as I started crying. I just wanted my baby boy here and I wanted to figure out a good name for him and ugh. I'm such a bad mother and his real dad isn't here beacause he's a jerk but he has Carter and so do I and I hope that Dean never asks to come back into his life because I will say no. I hate him! I do. Carter walked in and saw me crying. Worry filled his eyes as he ran to me and held me and I wept into his shirt, grabbing fistfuls of it.

"CARTER, I'M GOING TO BE SUCH A BAD MOMMY! CARTER I AM." I screamed.

"Look at me, Bear." He leaned out of the hug and grabbed my shoulders, "You're an amazing mother already, you really are. I love you so much. Baby boy loves you even more. We're going to do just fine, now come on, baby." He grabbed my hands and pulled me out of the rocking chair. Carter is going to make an amazing father.

We got into the car and he drove to the hospital, opening the door, and holding my hand once we got there.

"The doctor will be seeing you, Mr.Hinton." the nurse said as she walked back through the doors. We followed her back to a room and waited there.

"Can we finish decorating his room today?" I rubbed my stomach referring to my baby. "You know? In honor of you getting your cast off early?" He laughed.

"Are you going to help?" He asked.

"I'll supervise.." I laughed, rubbing the little boy who was wide awake.

"Yes, I would love to finsih his room. Do you have a name picked out so we can buy stuff with his first initial on it? Make his room a little more personalized.." Carter said.

"Maybe Eli or Mason or Gerald, honestly I have no idea. I need help." I started crying again when the doctor swung the door open.

"Hello Mr.Hi-" He looked up from his clipboard to look at me, "Oh ma'am are you okay?" Dr.Reins said.

"Oh yes, I'm just 8 months pregnant and extremely emotional. I'm sorry, carry on." I cried.

"Miss, you are fine, no need to apologize. Now, Mr.Hinton, you are getting your cast off very early, but it looks like your arm is healed so there's no need to keep your arm in there longer." Dr.Reim read from his chart. "So follow me and we'll get that sawed off real quick."

I was left in the room alone, well not entirely alone, I still had Colten.. No, I don't like that name. What about Alexander or Nathaniel and we can call him Nate? Why is this so hard? I started searching on my phone for cute names and I didn't realize what time it was until Carter walked through the door an hour late with a bare arm. He came over to me and pecked me on the lips.

"Come on, lets go eat." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the chair.

***

"Come on Carter, I want to hurry up and finsh, Andrew's room" I said fast walking, since I don't run.