Chapter Eight: Meeting My Parents

Carter and I have been talking for a week now and today he has decided to come to my house and meet my parents. I haven't told him that I'm expecting yet. I don't know how to tell him, I really like him. We're not dating though, we haven't seen each other since the movie night with our friends. 

   "Hey mom, don't forget that Carter is coming over and that I haven't told him yet that I'm pregnant so please do no tell him. I want to be the one to tell him but I just don't know how or when. Can you make us lunch?" I explained. 

   "Okay honey, but you're going to have to tell him soon, you're kind of showing a little bit, now. What would you like for lunch. What are you craving today?" She asked,

   " I'm craving seafood. But, I crave that every day and that's more of a supper kind of meal. Can you make us some fried chicken, fried squash, fried okra, and some watermelon?' I asked, I have been extremely hungry lately.

   "Okay, but you really need to start eating healthy after this lunch. It's not good for the baby or you to be eating junk food and fatty foods like you have been, You can't eat your worries or stress away, sweetheart. This baby is coming and you actually have started showing a little bit, Not to scare you baby girl but you're going to be a mother in about seven months. You need to think ahead of time. What are you going to do about school? It's your senior year. You're going to have to juggle your baby, studying and school, a social life. If you even have one! It's just so scary for you. I just wish you would have abided by our rules. But, we can't go back- you can't go back."

   "I know. I know. I'll start eating healthier tomorrow. As for the other stuff I don't want to talk about it right now."

   "Okay then. By the way, you have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at two in the afternoon. When is Carter coming over?" She asked as she got the frying grease out to cook with. 

   "He said around one so in about an hour." I explained, "He said he would text me when he got near,"

   "You may want to take a shower and get dressed. Maybe change out of your pajamas." She chuckled at my dog slippers. 

   "You're just jealous." I laughed and exited the kitchen walking all the way up to my bathroom which connected to my room. Stripping from my shorts pajamas and tank top, I got into the shower. Showers are a great place to think. You know? I started thinking about what my baby would look like, What gender would it be? Would it have my blonde hair or Dean's dark brown hair? My green eyes or his brown ones? Will Dean be in my baby's life? I swear if he abandons this baby like his dad did to him and Victoria I will be so mad at him and disappointed. But, do I even want cheater Dean to be in my baby's life? That will leave an extremely big impact on it's life because it's parents aren't together. We'd have to tell it the story of why mommy and daddy aren't together. 

   I didn't get much thinking accomplished while in the shower but I quickly washed and got out, wrapping myself in my purple towel. I got dressed in black shorts, a silver sequenced tank top, with my silver converse. I blow dried my hair and curled it. I applied to mascara, eyeliner, and chap stick. My lips were so chapped this summer.

Carter: I'm in your driveway. I think. I'm pretty sure I followed your directions correctly. Do you have a silver jeep in your driveway?

Bri: Yup, she's mine. Just come on in.

   I heard a knock and then mom yell, "Come on in!" I ran downstairs with my phone in my hand. I gave Carter a hug. 

   "Are you hungry?" I asked as he released me from his warm hug.

   "No not rea-" He started to say but I interrupted quickly.