Chapter Two

(Years later)

Anameleth's POV

I was hiding up in a tree, watching the Orcs run past me. They were heading towards something with a purpose. That was when I heard it, the horn of Gondor. I had heard about Legolas going with Arogorn, Boromir, Gimli and the hobbits. I also knew that Boromir was in possession of the horn of Gondor, which means Legolas might be in trouble. I dropped from the trees and moved skillfully through the bushes and trees, towards where I had heard the Horn come from.

Reflecting on everything that had happened since I'd last seen him, Legolas. Regrettably, my memory of what was to come had disappeared. Over time everything became harder to remember, no matter how hard I had thought. I have no idea how long it's been but I've been all over. The first year I traveled the paths to many different places, remembering the easiest paths from the movie. I traveled to the Shire, Osgiliath (unseen) and I even went to Mirkwood searching for Legolas. Of course he wasn't there and in truth I hadn't expected him to be, I was grasping at straws at that point. I had only stayed for a day or two after I had asked around for Legolas, but in that time I made sure to steer clear of his father just in case.

I heard the horn again and bolted into a sprint, I had to get there fast. Someone was in trouble, that I knew for sure. I had to help in anyway possible. I felt like something was going wrong, very wrong and I could only hope with all my heart that Legolas wasn't a part of it. As I got closer I had to fight my way through the Orcs, they were running towards the sound as well. I used my sword and made a path for myself.

When I finally fought my way there Arogorn was still fighting. He had just cut off the orcs arm and the orc was pulling him closer. I sheathed my sword and grabbed my bow, I knocked two arrows quickly and let them fly, painfully aware of the pain in my arm. I watched satisfied as they both went through the Orcs head. Arogorn quickly took his head off and ran to Boromir. I walked towards them, keeping my cloak tight around me. I had a cut on my arm that was bleeding and was unfortunately emitting a dull ache from the effort of pulling back the string on my bow.

I leaned against a tree nearby and watched the scene play out. I did a silent prayer for Boromir, before he slipped away. I watched as Legolas ran up and watched as Boromir slipped away as well. When Arogorn stood, Legolas walked to him. Arogorn said, "Good shot, but I could've taken him."

"What are you talking about?"

I started walking towards them and Legolas noticed me first and pulled an arrow and knocked it, aiming at me. He asked, "Who are you?"

I smirked a little and asked, "Are you really going to shoot me after you saved my life?" He looked confused so I continued, "Then again it has been years since I was kicked out of Rivendell."

Legolas lowered his bow immediately and Arogorn and Gimli were both looking between us confused. Arogorn asked, "Legolas, do you know this person?"

Legolas ignored him and asked, "Anameleth?"

I pushed back my hood and basically ran at him. He dropped his bow and hugged me back. I told him, "I swore we would see each other again, but I'm sorry it was under these circumstances."

"I thought you had forgotten." He told me, holding me tighter.

"Yeah, I forgot about my best friend." I said sarcastically. I pulled back from him and looked towards Aragorn, "Thanks for the compliment. For my shot to be mistaken for Legolas's is the best compliment I could get."

"Who exactly are you?" He asked me.

"My name is Anameleth." I said shrugging.

Legolas took off towards the shore line and I followed quickly, the others following as well. Legolas started pushing a boat in the water and said, "Hurry, Frodo and Sam have reached the eastern shore." He paused and looked back at Aragorn and Gimli, I was beside him ready to go after two of my favorite Hobbits. He looked at Aragorn before saying, "You mean not to follow them."

"Frodo's fate is no longer in our hands." Aragorn said.

"Then it has all been in vian. The fellowship has failed." Gimli said.

"Not if we hold true to each other. We will not abandon Mary and PIppin to torment and death. not while we have strength left. Leave all that can be spared behind." Aragorn turned and started walking back towards the forest. "We travel light, let us hunt some orc."

"Woot Woot!" I yelled taking off after him, running past Gimli and Legolas both.

I heard Legolas laugh and Gimili let out a yell as well before following. None of us talked much, just ran down the winding path that Aragorn led us down. When we finally set up for camp I shrugged off my cloak and stretched, hissing when my arm reminded me it was cut. "Anything I can help with?" I asked walking over to them.

"Yes, actually." Aragon said, "Explain to me why you are here."

"Well, truthfully I'd rather stay with you guys than go off on my own, again. Plus Legolas is my friend and Pippin and Mary are as well. Besides, anything that involves killing orcs is fun, I could do with a bit of fun every now and then." I told him.

Gimli laughed and said, "Aye lass!"

"How do you know Pippin and Mary?" Legolas asked, appearing behind me seemingly from no where.

"I went to the Shire like you suggested, but Gandalf wasn't there, I didn't meet him until years later by the way. So, I hung out with Pippin and Mary the whole the time I was there." I explained.

"How do I know you aren't lying?" Aragon asked.

"Because I've never lied a day in my life. Except for when I lied to my trainer about why I was late once." I told him. "So, is there anything I can do?"

"Nope, right now we're just going to get some rest." He told me, sitting down and covering up with his cloak.

"Okay." I sat down against a tree and looked at my arm, hissing at the sight. It was clotted fine, but there was dried streaks of blood down my arm. I sighed and started picking away at the dried blood, getting lost in my thoughts for the rest of the night.