Chapter Seven

Anameleth's POV

I heard a horn, but it was no orc horn. I knew the sound, yet I could not believe it. I ran to the sound, only to get there as he said, "We are proud to fight along side men once more."

I descended the stairs quickly and I heard, "Anameleth, it's been many years since our last meeting."

I looked up at Haldir as I continued down the stairs and said, "Just shut up and hug me."

He cracked a small smile and, when I got to him, did just that. He then held me out at arms length and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Long story." I told him shrugging. "So you'll be fighting with us?"

"No, you will be down with the rest of the women and children, right?" He asked hopefully.

"Now why in the world would you ask a question like that? Of course I'll be fighting." I told him.

He let his hands fall from my shoulders and said, "You should not fight."

Legolas then moved from behind Haldir and wrapped an arm around my waist. He said, "With all due respect we must be ready for the upcoming battle." He pulled me over to Gimili, not even glancing back.

----------------------

I heard a crack of thunder and it started to rain. I said, "Well it just had to rain didn't it?"

Gimili grumbled, "At least you can see."

I watched as the enemies drew closer and I found my earlier image had not been far off. The creatures grew closer and closer with every step that seemed to echo thousands of times.

"Show them no mercy for you shall receive none!" Aragorn yelled.

A sound rang through the air and the things came to a stop.

"What's happening out there?" Gimili asked, desperately trying to see.

"Shall I describe it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box?" Legolas asked.

"I could draw you up a picture if you would like?" I offered up.

Gimili laughed slightly and a small laugh even found it's way from me. Until more sounds came and the noise sounded again, only it was spears hitting the ground echoed thousands of times.

I took a deep breath and slowly pulled an arrow from my quiver, painfully aware everyone else was already ready to shoot. I knocked it slowly and closed my fingers over the strings. I let out my breath as I aimed for the one of those things, right at their necks. I pulled back the string, slowly and controlled, steeling myself for what was to come.

An arrow was let loose and everything seemed to stop for a few seconds. Those things charged and I adjusted my aim, now ready for the call. I will not say the sight of them charging did not scare me, for it did. I will not say I did not think of leaving, I did. But I will say that I will fight until we've either won or I'm taking my last breath.

"Release Arrows!!"

I let go of my arrow and watched as it joined the volley that took down many of them, but not enough. I knocked another arrow quickly and released again when fire was called. I knocked another arrow, waiting for yet another call. I then released arrow after arrow, not stopping to see if any had found their marks, I know they had.

I took down a few things carrying crossbows and ducked when they shot our way. Ladders were being hoisted in the air and I placed my mothers bow on my back and pulled out my sword. I cut down four or five and thought, 22 not bad.