Chapter Eleven

Anameleth's POV

I walked into Frodo's room with Legolas's hand in my own, finding Mary and Pippin on the bed with him. I stood with the adults, smiling at them. Sam walked in after Aragorn and Frodo and him smiled. I looked between them before looking at how much fun everyone was having. I said, "Oh fuck this I am not an adult!"

I took a few steps forward before diving behind Frodo on the bed and hugged him to me. I heard Legolas's melodic laugh and Gimili's gruff wholehearted laugh ring out in the room. Mary dove on me and hugged me to him as well. I kissed the top of Frodo's head after I sat up and fixed the slightly shorter skirt of my dress, it only flowed to just past my knees. I pulled back from Frodo saying, "Never ever scare me like that again."

He smiled at me and said, "I promise Anameleth." He paused and asked, "So you and Legolas huh?"

I blushed lightly and Mary and Pippin laughed. Pippin started, "Oh Frodo! You should've seen them on the journey!"

I laid back against the bed and crossed my legs over the side, not noticing the way Legolas stared subtly as the dress rose to about mid thigh, crossing my arms behind my head as well. I said, "Oh come on! We weren't even that bad when you were there!"

Pippin and Mary both turned to raise an eyebrow at me. Pippin asked, "So what about when we weren't there?"

Sam asked walking over, "Do we need to have a little chat with Mr.Legolas?"

I blushed and closed my eyes, turning my head back to the ceiling. I mumbled, "Screw Hobbits."

Mary and Pippin laughed the loudest of the four and Mary said, "Love you too!"

"Hey. Hello." I opened my eyes to see Pippin leaning towards Legolas and then snapped his fingers in his face. Legolas's eyes suddenly snapped to Pippin and everyone roared in a fit of laughter, even Aragorn, because they'd seen where he was staring.

Legolas looked towards me and gave me a sheepish smile and small innocent shrug. I laughed along with everyone else. Gimili asked loudly, "Can't keep your eyes of her huh lad?"

That sent the Hobbits into another roar of laughter and Aragorn clapped a hand on Legolas's shoulder, obviously amused. I smiled slightly and held my left hand out for everyone to see asking, "And why should he?"

Everyone looked at the ring with amazement, even I still did. It was a family heirloom Legolas never left behind. The ring was a stunning diamond set in light blue beautiful crystals, the band was plain silver, but he had it engraved while Frodo recovered. It said in Elvish, 'My heart is yours'

Sam was the first to say anything, he stepped towards Legolas and held a hand up to him saying, "Congratulations, you're one lucky man."

Legolas shook it and said, "Trust me, I know."

Pippin and Frodo both congratulated us but Mary sat in silence. I sighed and grabbed him, setting him next to Frodo to lean up against my stomach before asking, "What's the matter Mary?"

"You'll go back to Mirkwood won't you? Go be queen and we'll all never see you again." He said bitterly.

"Hey Mary?" I asked and he looked back at me, his eyes shinning with sadness. I smiled and said, "We aren't going to Mirkwood. We're going to travel for a while before settling down, somewhere that is not infested with huge freaking spiders."

I said the spider bit while looking at Legolas and he nodded his head, swiftly agreeing with me. I looked back at Mary just in time for him to tackle me off the bed. Sam and Frodo gave a startled noise, but I just flipped quickly so I landed crouched on my feet with Mary in my arms like I'd done a million times before. I stood with him in my arms.