Chapter Four

Anameleth's POV

I woke up gasping and holding back tears, from yet another nightmare, just like always. I found myself in someplace unfamiliar, yet I felt as if I'd somehow been here before. I caught sight of my clothes laid out across my bed, freshly washed, and changed from the plain white night gown into them. I looked around for my mothers bow and didn't find it, that's when I remembered it had been taken yesterday. I walked out the door and found myself in the familiar halls of Theoden's castle.

I walked to the throne room quickly, only make a wrong turn once. I choked back the tears before I walked in as silently as I could. I saw two children eating, a young girl with a blanket around her and a small boy. I kept my eyes moving and they fell to Legolas, just barely seeing him around the pillar. I walked quickly yet quietly over to him. I grabbed his arm and his head whipped towards me.

Before he could react I had already hugged him and buried my face into his chest, hoping he could get rid of the nightmares. He sighed sadly and wrapped his arms around me, I felt his head rest on top of mine. I heard voices but the only thing I heard clearly was Aragorn saying, "Open war is upon you, whether you would risk it or not."

"When last I looked Theodin, not Aragorn, was king of Rohan."

"Then what is the kings decision?" Gandalf pressed.

Theodin did not answer, but instead sat back on his throne quietly.

I heard Aragorn sigh, "Legolas you should go check on Anameleth and see how she's doing."

"That wont be necessary and she's not doing too well." Legolas answered, tightening his arms around me as he spoke. I clung to him and rested my ear over his heart, listening to his steady heart beat again. The sound was still just as comforting and dispelled the remainder of the nightmares.

I whispered, my voice breaking, "This would be why I don't sleep, I wake up from nightmares every single time."

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you awoke." Legolas told me.

"It's not your fault." I told him.

"Lass are ye alright?" Gimli asked.

I pulled away from Legolas and instead leaned into his side with his arm around my shoulders. I wiped my eyes quickly before saying, "I should be fine."

"Are you sure?" Aragorn asked skeptically.

"No. Of course I'm not sure. I'd have to be a lunatic to think I'll ever be fine." I said harshly.

I was turned and Legolas wrapped his arms around me again. My fists rested on his chest and my head was once again placed over his heart, still listening to the comforting sound. Legolas brushed my blonde hair away from my face. He said nothing, but he didn't need too. I knew that with silence he was saying that he was here for me, and that's all I need.

---------------------

Before I knew it the order to vacate the city was being yelled out to everyone. I stayed with Legolas and Gimili the whole time, there was nothing else I could do. We rode out as soon as we could, I rode with Legolas and watched over the people. I watched the horizon, the hills and across the fields, looking for anything that could be a threat.

I was still exhausted from my nightmare, but that would soon wear off and I would be myself again. I still felt bad for snapping at Aragorn like that, but when I had apologized he just waved me off. "Aragorn meant it when he said that it was nothing." Legolas told me.

"How did you-"

"I can feel your still troubled and I know you well enough to know what it's about."