Chapter Four

Anameleth's POV

"Were getting close." I said. I could.... feel Pippin and Mary close by. The last three days were pleasant, even though we never slept or even paused, Aragorn finally relaxed around me and I found that he wasn't such a bother anymore. Legolas and I have caught up and Gimli is just glad to have someone else who likes fighting traveling with them.

"How can you tell?" Legolas asked.

"I'm not sure. I just.....feel them near by." I tried.

Aragorn bent over the rock and pressed his ear to it, hearing something. "Hurry!" Aragorn yelled back at us. I picked up the pace, almost running after him now, forgetting about just keeping pace with Legolas.

"Come on Gimli!" Legolas yelled, Gimli not far behind him.

We ran and ran, and then ran some more. After a while Aragorn slowed but I wasn't even breathing heavily, I pulled ahead unintentionally. Gimli was in last and Aragorn and Legolas ran together. I paused when something caught my eyes. I picked it up and yelled, "Aragorn!"

I waited for him to catch up and asked, "Isn't this Pippin's?"

"Not idly do the leaves of lorien fall." Aragorn mumbled.

I stood up quickly and ran ahead again, pausing when the sunlight hit me. I heard Legolas and Aragorn talking but I blocked them out thinking, They're still alive, they're still alive. Come one you know Pippin and Mary, they wouldn't die this easily. You know they're alive, you can feel them.

I heard a small voice of doubt whisper, Or maybe you feel their bodies....

I shook my head as Legolas and Aragorn ran past me. I waited until Gimili caught up and started to run with him. I asked, "Do you think they're alright?"

"They be fine Lass." Gimili said surely.

I smiled and took off yelling, "Keep up with me if you can!"

"Lass you'll regret that!" He huffed, speeding up after me.

Sometime later Aragorn yelled, "Legolas! What do your elf eyes see?"

"They've turned left. They're taking them to Isengaurd!" Legolas yelled.

"Oh no they aren't! We'll kill each and every one of them first!!" I yelled. Gimili let out a yell of approval and caught up with Aragorn while I was gaining on Legolas. Hours later Aragorn paused, hiding us all behind a rock while the Rohan riders passed us.

He stepped out calling to them and they turned riding back towards us. They all circled us and one rode forward asking, "What business does a drawf, two elves and a man have in the ridamark? Speak quickly."

"Give me your name horse master and I shall give you mine." Gimili said as if we weren't surrounded by people pointing spears at us.

The man hopped down from his horse and said, "I would cut off your head, drawf, if it stood a little higher from the ground."

Legolas started to react but stopped when I set a hand on his shoulder. I retorted, "And I would shoot you through the brain, if you had one."

Aragorn set a hand on my shoulder and said, "I am Aragorn, son of Arathorn. This is Gimili, son of Glorin. Legolas and Anameleth of the Woodland realm. We are friends of Rohan and of Thoedin, your king." I was a little surprised when he said I was from the Woodland realm, but it's probably true anyway.

"Thoedin no longer recognizes friend from foe, not even his own kin." He paused and took off his helmet. "Saruman has poisoned the mind of the king and claimed lordship over these lands. My company are those loyal to Rohan, and for that we were banished. The White Wizard is cunning, He walks here and there, they say. It's an old man, hooded and cloaked and everywhere his spies have passed our nets."