Chapter Ten

Anameleth's POV

I was crouched in the pirate boat the ghosts had helped us take. I felt us stop and I looked through the planks. I whistled softly and whispered, "Shit that's a lot of people."

Gimili laughed softly and said, "All the more kills lass."

I smiled over at him and followed after him when he jumped. Aragorn ran forward, so did we.....and a few thousand ghosts. I took out my blades and took down two at a time. I heard Gimili calling numbers after a little while and yelled, "47!"

Just like last time I heard an enraged, "What!?" Before Gimili started calling numbers out even faster.

I saw an elephant go down and then Legolas sliding down the trunk. I couldn't help but think, Damn that looks fun!! So I hopped the next elephant, killing everyone inside first. I shot the elephant once in the back of the head before it started going down. I quickly jumped off, letting myself free fall before tucking and flipping. Once I landed on my feet I rolled so I wouldn't break anything, stabbing an orc with my dagger the second I stopped.

Gimili offered me a hand while looking over the damage the ghosts were doing. I took it gratefully and he said, "The same for you lass, that only counts as one!"

"Does that include all the people I shot down on top of the elephant?" I asked, kind of sounding a little smug.

"Well, no." He finally answered.

"Okay, then I'm at 59." I told him.

"I'll have no pointy ear out scoring me!! Not Again!!" He yelled at me before charging into battle again.

I followed, fighting by his side for the longest time. I took down two more elephants and I gotta say I was right, it was the most fun I've ever had in a battle. Gimili and I got separated after my third elephant though so I just focused on fighting, and counting of course. I'm currently at 87.

After that all the ghost seemed to basically take down the whole city, so there was no one left to fight. I sat down and leaned against an elephant nearby that either the ghosts or Legolas took down. I saw all the ghosts around me start fading away.

I put all my weapons away quickly and leaned my head back against the elephant. To say I was exhausted would be an understatement. "Anameleth?"

I looked up at Gimili and said, "91."

"You won again, but come on, let's get you up." He said, he didn't sound angry so it worried me.

"Gimli is something wrong?" I asked him, letting him help me up.

"No, nothing." He said softly.

I stopped, "Gimili you're starting to scare me, what's wrong? Is it Legolas?"

"No lass, he's fine. Now come on." He told me hurriedly.

I looked at him suspiciously, but let him lead me none the less. I threw my arm over his shoulder and leaned on him. He walked me back to everyone else and glanced at me before running ahead. He said something to everyone and they nodded. Legolas ran to my side and put an arm around my waist, seeming to take most of my weight.

I saw the bloody bandage on his stomach and asked as we were walking, "Are you okay? What happened to your side?"

"Some troll caught me off guard but I'm fine." He said quickly.

Aragorn come up behind me and I turned my head to look at him, but he ripped something out of my leg. I cried out in pain and Legolas caught me easily before kneeling and setting me on his raised knee. I saw Aragorn throw away an arrow. I asked, "Was that in my leg?"