Chapter 5

Chapter 5:
Words Left Unspoken

Iwaizumi smiled as he watched his teammates have fun. Playing with them was surely an emotional rollercoaster. After two years of being on the losing end, they've finally won a championship.

Iwaizumi could still recall their last match in great detail. He could still feel the feeling of fulfillment whenever he scored or whenever he saw someone from his team step up.

Iwaizumi could still recall how shaky he felt while executing  his serves. He could still recall the jittery feeling of being under pressure.

He could still recall how pumped up they were whenever their crowd cheers. He can still recall every huddle, every time out, and every pre-game ritual they had.

It was as if the championship match had happened yesterday.

A smile crept up his face as he relished every single moment of that match. It was grueling, it was very challenging - but it was worth it.

Iwaizumi opened the bag of chips next to him and realized it was the one Oikawa brought earlier. His face immediately distorted when Oikawa's presence was nowhere to be felt. He hadn't come back yet, and Iwaizumi started to grow weary.

"Iwaizumi-senpai!" Iwaizumi came back to his senses when Kindaichi called for his attention. "I was wondering if you could grab a can of soda for me inside the cooler," the first-year student asked politely.

"Thanks." Kindaichi flashed a huge grin at his senior as he opened the soda can, causing it to emit a hissing sound. He was quite enjoying the night with his fellow freshmen Kunimi and Kageyama. The three of them were talking about last week's championship and other stuff that had something to do with volleyball.

Iwaizumi pursed his lips as his mind began to wander again. His heartbeat started to beat frantically, an eerie feeling swooping inside of him. He couldn't put a finger on it but he knew there was something wrong happening at the moment.

His thoughts were cut off when their team manager sat beside him. He was wearing a hot pink summer hat, and a pair of sunnies on, even though it was already night time.

"Are you enjoying all of this, Hajime?" The team manager asked in his flirty voice, his hand caressing Iwaizumi's leg. Iwa looked at the hand touching him with a disdainful expression. He never liked the presence of their gay-ish and perverted manager.

"Uh...yeah!" Iwaizumi replied awkwardly as he swallowed the lump forming in his throat, cold sweats starting to drip from his body.

"So..." The manager let out a faint chuckle, as he ran his fingers in circles on Iwa's legs; his actions gave Iwaizumi chills because he knew he was already harassed, "...I guess you didn't want to share a room with Oikawa, right? What if I just share the separate room with you?"

Iwaizumi's eyes widened as he quickly got up to his feet, "I-I prefer Oikawa, sensei. Excuse me!"

He trudged his way back to the beach house when he heard their manager shout from the back, "Where are you going Hajime?!"

"I'm just going to get Oikawa!" He replied, as he mentally cursed himself and the team manager. He knew he should've left the moment he arrived.

Iwaizumi didn't know where he was going, so he just allowed his feet to take him anywhere inside the beach house until he remembered what he said. Right, I have to get that idiot! He's been gone for too long! He said to himself as he approached the blonde receptionist, who flashed a flirty and demure smile.

Why is there always someone trying to flirt with me everywhere I go? He rolled his eyes at the thought and tried to look polite in front of the receptionist.