Chapter 8

Chapter 8:
Troubled Thoughts

Days became weeks, weeks became months, and months became years. Time flew so fast that Iwaizumi and Oikawa lost track of it.

They were now playing in their third and final year at Aoba Jōsai, and both of them were very keen on defeating Shiratorizawa this time, after being on the losing end for the past two years.

But before they got another chance to topple Spring High-Miyagi Representative Playoffs' frontrunners, they still had to face Karasuno in the semi-final match the next day.

Oikawa rubbed his eyes gently with his hands, as he adjusted to the brightness inside the room. The curtains were already rolled up, allowing the sunlight to pass through the windows.

He tossed himself to the side, only to find out that Iwaizumi had gotten out of bed already. Oikawa looked at their mini-clock sitting on top of the bedside table, the time reading 5:39 a.m., causing him to arch his brows.

Iwa-chan is never up this early. Where could he be? He thought, as he dragged himself out of bed and into the restroom. Oikawa washed his face with cold water, as he squeezed some toothpaste on his toothbrush.

"Iwa-chan! We're running out of toothpaste! We should hit the grocery store today!" He exclaimed while he was brushing his teeth, making his words indistinct.

Oikawa shook his head faintly, figuring Iwaizumi couldn't possibly hear him all the way from the restroom.

The two of them, since they attended Aobajōsai, decided to live together in the same apartment; an idea to which both their parents happily agreed. They kept things to themselves however, including their real score.

Oikawa got out of the comfort room, and was disappointed when he didn't find Iwaizumi inside. He quickly went downstairs, still searching for his 'best friend'.

He heard sizzling noises from the kitchen and quickly went there. Oikawa's lips broke into a huge grin when he found Iwaizumi, half-naked with only his boxers and a light blue apron on. He was busy cooking that he didn't even notice Oikawa come in.

Oikawa was already drooling at the sight of him, as he made his way to the table and sat on one of the chairs.

Iwaizumi turned his head when he heard footsteps and smiled. "I made breakfast for us." He said smugly. Oikawa, with the kind of expression he was wearing, looked like a proud housewife happy to see her husband cook for the first time.

Iwaizumi laid everything on the plate, as Oikawa got up to his feet and made coffee for the both of them. Iwaizumi liked his coffee strong, while he liked it creamy - they sure had loads of differences, but these differences made their relationship work perfectly for the past few years.

Oikawa shrieked, almost dropping the cups in his hands when he saw the food Iwaizumi prepared. Bacons, eggs, pancakes, a bowl of whipped cream, and of course, his favorite - milk bread, were all laid out on the table.

"You made all of these, Iwa-chan?" He asked, his tone almost disbelievingly, the food on the table clearly enticing his appetite. "I'm so proud of you, Baby!"

"Don't call me that, Shittykawa!" Iwaizumi was quick to retort, his expense making Oikawa's perky mood die a little bit. "You know I hate endearments."

"But why?" Oikawa pouted, twiddling with his fingers, as he fidgeted in his seat. "It sounds cute."

"Just don't." Iwaizumi said firmly, and Oikawa sighed in defeat. He was in high spirits again when he started munching on the food, his eyes widening at how good it tasted.