Chapter 6

Chapter 6:
All I Know For Now

"Oikawa-senpai! Are you okay now?" Oikawa beamed at Kunimi as he patted his head lightly. The first-year student scampered his way towards them the moment Oikawa and Iwaizumi entered the lounge.

"Yes, Kunimi!" Oikawa replied, flashing his sincerest smile at him.

He crossed his arm in front of him and managed to smile at everyone on the team. It was cold inside the lounge and he started to shiver faintly, his sleeveless shirt clearly making his case worse.

Iwaizumi didn't fail to notice this, so he took off his sweater and handed it to Oikawa. "Here..." Iwaizumi mustered in a soft, yet audible voice, "... you can have this."

Oikawa met Iwaizumi's gaze, and he could tell that the former was quite indecisive as to whether he should take it or not. "What about you, Iwa-chan?" Oikawa stared aimlessly at his feet, as if there was something interesting down there.

"I'm good. You need it more, afterall. My shirt will do." He smiled warmly, and it took seconds before Oikawa was convinced to wear it.

Iwaizumi's sweater was cozy, and the warmth it provided made Oikawa feel at ease. A sweet scent - probably Iwaizumi's - clung to it, causing Oikawa to smile.

His eyes caught the sight of their team's coaching staff smiling at him, all of them were glad that Oikawa seemed to be fine already.

He made his way to the buffet table, and Iwaizumi followed close behind. Oikawa filled his plate with the food and immediately went to the table at the far right.

Iwaizumi couldn't help but feel sad with what's going on between them as of the moment. After the sudden and unexpected kiss inside the infirmary, Oikawa seemed to distance himself a bit - not that he's blaming him, he just didn't expect him to react that way. Iwaizumi was carried away by the happiness he felt when Oi was feeling good again, explaining his actions and the kiss.

He was quite reluctant as to whether he should follow Oikawa and join him at the table, or just join his other teammates. After a few seconds of weighing his options, he finally decided to sit with Oikawa, causing his best friend to slow down his pace as he ate.

"H-Hey Oi, about the–" Iwaizumi was cut off from his sentence when Oikawa interfered.

"You should really try the sushi Iwa-chan, it's so great. The agedashi tōfu, your favorite, is tasty as well!"

Iwaizumi faked a smile as he stared blankly at his plate, it was as if he suddenly lost his appetite despite how inviting the food at the resort looked.

Great. Now he's avoiding the topic. I just wanna say that I'm sorry and that I didn't mean it. Iwaizumi thought to himself, as he pursed his lips in disappointment.

Oikawa continued to munch happily as Iwaizumi stared at him, barely touching his food.

He wasn't used to Oikawa giving him the 'silent treatment'. He was always the cheerful one, and the one to blabber on and on, on a variety of topics - some of them made sense, but most of them didn't. Apparently, Iwaizumi was getting a dose of his own medicine.

"Oikawa..." He hissed, but the chocolate-haired boy paid him no attention. "Oikawa!" He snapped, causing Oikawa to look at him with a startled expression. "Why aren't you talking to me?"

"Uhh...because I'm eating?" Oikawa replied dumbly, his right hand scratching his nape. "I can't talk with my mouth full of food, that's not proper."

"Wow! So we're talking about 'proper' now!" Iwaizumi chuckled heartily at his statement, but his chuckles faltered when he saw Oikawa looking at him with a blank expression. Oikawa noticed his disappointment so he faked a smile at him and chose to ignore the lad sitting across him.