Chapter 1

Niela in mm

*NIELA*
I looked around my old house,picking up my purse and walking outside to my Moms white range rover.

"Awh I'm gonna miss you so much Nie" My friend Brooklyn said, with tearfull eyes.

"I'm gonna miss you too" I sighed hugging her.

"Bye boo, Next school year will be shit without you" My other bestfriend Alex said flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"I'm gonna try to visit for spring break y'all, don't forget I'm just a facetime away" I chuckled waving my phone im my hand.

My mom is A hairstylist and she just opened her own salon in Houston,Making us move down there.

"Baby lets go, we need to leave now. Bye y'all" She waved to my friends and they waved back hugging me one last time.

"Call us girl, we love you" Brooklyn smiled.

"I love y'all too" I said walking to the car and getting in the passenger seat, I put my headphones in playing "Wholesale" by Trill sammy and turning it up to full volume and closed my eyes preparing for this long drive.

-20hrs later-

I felt someone shaking my shoulder making me open my eyes and quickly shutting them back from the sun breaking in the window brightly.

"Wake up baby we're here in H town shawty" My mom playfully joked.

"Ugh your acting way to optimistic right now" I groaned with my eyes still closed.

She chuckled and playfully hit my arm.

"Baby, I'm excited you know this is a fresh start since the-"

"Can we not talk about it" I cut her off growing annoyed and opened my eyes glaring at her.

She looked at me and sadly nodded "Yeah.... You hungry? Want some breakfast?"

"Dennys sounds cool" I said.

"Alright its, 5 am right now, the movers will be there by 8 we have some time to kill" She said merging into another lane.

Let me give you some background info about myself, My name is Niela Elizabeth Washington. I'm Dominican and Black and Im 17, My mom is Black and My dad is Dominican and I'm a single child.

My mom found a Dennys and we went in to go eat.

"So are you excited about the new house" My mom asked taking a bite of her bacon.

I shrugged my shoulders and sipped my lemonade while scrolling down my timeline on twitter.

"Come on Niela, show a little excitement. Act like you care a little bit" She said.

"I really don't care its whatever" I looked at her.

She looked at me with teary eyes and shook her head, reaching her hand across the table and touching mine.

"When did we grow apart, did I do something to upset you? I mean we used to be bestfriends and then after the incident something changed in you, your attitudes different. Do you feel like its my fault?" She asked letting tears fall.

I sighed and dropped my head sitting my phone down " No ma, I know its not your fault. I - Its- This is just a big change for me and I'm still trying to process it ok" I said.

She nodded and smiled small "We'll get through it together."

After breakfast it was 30 minutes till 8 and we paid for our food, leaving to our new home.