n i n e

Re-edited [5/18/17]

Andy

Owen stopped walking suddenly, throwing his arm in front of Claire and I in a protective way. That's when the sound of a vehicle driving off echoed through the trees  nearby, driving further away. I didn't hesitate to push past Owen and Claire and run to where it came from. 

My feet took me to what seemed to resemble a garage with one broken down jeep. The spot next to it was empty, telling me that one was missing. That must have been the vehicle we heard.

"This one of theirs?" Owen suddenly asked. He was holding up a grey sweatshirt that he found on the floor, and I instantly recognized it as Zach's.

"Yeah," I said quickly, taking it from his hands and slipping it on since I left mine in Claire's SUV back by the gyrosphere ride. Well, at least now I got a part of him back.

"That road goes straight back to the park," Claire stated, eyeing dirt road leading out of the garage.

"How did they even get one of these things started?" Owen questioned, opening the hood of the Jeep, and eyeing the motor curiously.

"There was a smashed up ACU vehicle back there," I told him. "They probably replaced-"

I was interrupted by a large crash and I quickly glanced outside, seeing the I-Rex's feet lumbering towards us through the trees. 

Shit, shit, shit.

"Get down!" Owen whispered, only loud enough for us to hear. I quickly snuck behind a metal barrel, while Claire and Owen gathered behind the other Jeep. I still had my gun, but I noticed Owen's hands were empty, making me remember that he had stupidly placed it out of his reach when we got here.

Owen's eyes suddenly widened, probably because I wasn't next to him so I waved to him, then held a finger to my lips. Then me-being as stupid as I am-peeked around the side of the small barrel I was currently behind to see where it was.

Lucky for me, her nose was right there.

I closed my eyes and pressed against the barrel even more as my whole body began to tremble. The I-Rex then moved on to the Jeep and she began rocking it with her nose, making Owen and Claire freeze as well. My grip on my gun tightened and my finger rested on the trigger, ready for anything to happen.

Her nose then backed out of the garage, telling me that she had most likely given up. I sighed in relief and glanced over at Owen before mouthing 'get your gun'. He nodded and slowly crawled to the side of the Jeep, where his gun was, before grabbing it and returning back to his spot in front of the jeep. The three of us didn't make a sound, for the chance that she could come back again.

But, boy, we were wrong, once again.

The beast smashed through the ceiling of the shed, sending debris flying everywhere, mostly around me. My arms covered my head as a lot of pieces fell on top of me, just as I heard Claire scream before hers and Owen's footsteps exited the garage, and into another room.

I looked around me for any sort of escape, but I didn't have much for options. The jeep that Claire and Owen were behind was now smashed against the wall, creating a barrier of debris, blocking me in, since it was too tall and unstable to climb up. I was trapped between the wall and the dinosaurs nose.

"Andy?!" Owen yelled from the other side of the wall. "Andy! Are you okay?"

I couldn't respond, because just then, the I-Rex opened her jaws and lunged towards me. I jumped out of the way at the last second and curled into a ball, covering my head with my arms, as pieces of scrap metal and other things fell on top of me.