Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Heartache.

Sadness.

Disappointment.

Regret.

Joy.

Relief.

Those were the feelings that flooded through me when those horrible twenty seconds had passed. And the most overwhelming was relief. Why relief you ask? Well, because the nightmare was over. It was finally over, it'd passed, I was free to move on.

Though that might take a while.

But I was, in a way, free.

Sure, I was hurt and regretful that those one and a half months of silent treatment, I didn't do anything to put an end to it; and of course there was obnoxious, random, pretty, halfway-down-Dumb-Blonde-Road Alyssa freaking Lee, probably overjoyed he was officially single at the moment and jumping at the golden opportunity staring her in the face like a blinking red arrow the size of a bear, but hey...it didn't matter to me anymore.

The rest of that Friday was gloomy, of course, when the aftermath of a breakup arrives to slap you in the face and chop up your heart, but I didn't find myself glancing over at Lennox every few minutes or so. I didn't glare at Alyssa whenever she spoke up, whether or not her statement in that oh-so-irritating voice of hers made sense or sounded so stupid it wasn't funny. I didn't cry, amazingly. I guess all that was done in the past one month plus.

I could still laugh, however down I was feeling. And when I got home I managed to focus my mind on studying, which is a definite good thing. Lennox and Adrianne were over. It was a good time, and that's all it'll ever be - just a good happy memory to cherish.

My godmother was supportive as well, calling him a dick and rotten fruit (nice when it's ripe but awful when it's not) and asking me to tell him to fuck off with a grin the next time I see hm.

So I was fine.

Pangs of hurt travelled down my entire body during the weekend, though. Due to the Chinese New Year period, there was a Chinese-Catholic wedding my choir was asked to sing for on Saturday, followed by a martial arts performance the next day after mass. It reminded me of him, a lot, but I stood my ground, and supported my close friend at church, Xavier for his bboy performance as well, at the end of which he came up to me with a big grin on his face. There was some history between the two of us, and there might be still on his end, but I'll get to that later in the story.

And at the end of the day, my thoughts were, maybe Lennox's leaving was one of the best things that happened to me after all. 

However, at the end of the day, I also found a text from, drum roll, please...oh, no, not Lennox, you idiots, which ex texts his ex-girlfriend two days after a break up like that huh? No. It was Alyssa.

'Hey, Adrianne, do you have Lennox's number?'

I sighed, and texted her his number. I never thought it would bring back all the hurt I tossed away.

"Hey, Adrianne..."

I looked over to where Mel's voice came from, and found her standing next to me, a worried look on her face as she bit her lower lip. Uh-oh. She was very rarely like this.

"Yeah, Mel. What's up?" I asked, moving on my chair to make some space for her as I got back to my Geo work. Stupid, useless...when the hell in the rest of my life would I need this information?