Chapter 21

"It's so sad out there."
   George joins me by standing next to the window of his bedroom. Besides Weasley's wizard wheezes, Diagon Alley was completely abandoned. Ministry of magic posters covered the entirety of Diagon Alley. Leaving it completely lifeless. "You aren't wrong."
   "What are those marks on your arms?"
   He looks down at his arms and laughs, "Oh, Fred and I test out our products on ourselves."
   "That doesn't sound safe." I look at him, then back at the window, "at, like, all."
   "Well, someone has to do it, right?"
   He turns to face me, but my gaze is still fixed on the dark streets, "Aren't you supposed to be, you know, running your store?"
   George laughs, "If you help me, then I will."
   "Depends on what I have to do." I say to the window. "Oh and spoiler alert, I'm not washing the windows," George opens his mouth to say something, "or sweeping the floor."
   He closes his mouth and frowns, "Will you help us run this store?"
   My eyes light up, "Really?"
   George blankly stares at me , "That's what Fred and I have been wanting you to do for the past, how long has it been, five years."
   He takes me by the hand and leads me from his and Fred's apartment to his shop. "As you can tell, we need help."
   "Okay, fine." I say rolling my eyes, causing George to laugh.
   Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes was packed with customers. I looked at Fred - the only way I could see him from everyone else in the shop was because of his fiery red hair. He was talking to Harry and Hermione. I gasp and run towards them.
   Right before I catch up to them, Harry turns to face me, and his eyes widen. "Meagan!" He yells, throwing his arms around me.
   "How was your summer, Harry?"
   He laughs in my ear, "Terrible like always."
   "Oh, I'm sorry Harry. I could say the same, only I've been here."
   He just laughs and shakes his head. I look up to Hermione who was holding out her arms. I run up and hug her - even though I was a year, or so, older than her, she was somehow the same height as I was.
   George walks up to the three of us and waves Harry's hand energetically. The two of them led Harry around to give him a tour of the joke shop. I had been staying here for the past few months, and I had barely learned where everything was. I couldn't imagine how confusing it was for Harry to learn in a few minutes.
   A young blond witch walked up to Fred and George, who was also wearing the same colored robes as the twins. For some reason, it made me feel a bit sad, that I was basically a founder of this shop, yet I didn't work here and she did. "Mr. Weasley and Mr. Weasley, there's a customer out here looking for a joke cauldron." She stated.
   I raised my eyebrow from how she had just called them Mr. Weasley. Fred and George went to go follow, well I don't know what here name is.
   I look around to see where Hermione was. She happened to be standing next to Ginny.
   Squeezing through the customers, I made my way over to the two of them. Ginny gave me a quick hug.
   "Aren't you currently dating Michael Corner?" I ask her, for some reason.
   She breaths out a laugh, "oh no, I dumped him. He was a loser."
   "Oh okay, 'cause I remember Fred telling me something like that."
   "Speaking of Fred." Hermione whispered.
   I turn around to see Fred standing right behind me. As I reflex I punch him in the stomach. "Oh my God, Fred! I am so sorry, you scared me!"
   "I can tell! I'm sorry, I was trying to do this one cute thing and-" Fred cried, clutching his stomach.
   "What happened to you?"
   George was standing at his side, laughing at him. "Meg punched him." Said Ginny.
   I quickly held my hands up in surrender, "It was an accident!"
   George starts laughing at Fred, who was still recovering from me punching him in the stomach. "Anyways, Ginny, are you or are you not currently going out with a boy called Dean Thomas?" Asked Fred.
   "Yes, I am." Ginny's gaze turned to a number of pink and purple round balls, that were emitting speaks. "What are those?"
   "Pygmy Puffs. And don't try to change the subject. What about Micheal Corner?" Said George.
   "Meagan literally just asked me the same question. He was a loser so I dumped him."
   "Aren't you going through boyfriends a bit quickly?" Fred asked her, concerned.
  "My dating life isn't anyones business." She said to Fred, George, and Ron, who had appeared at George's elbow.
   Fred takes the boxes from Ron's grasp and examines them, "Cough up."
   "But I'm your brother!"
   "That doesn't change the fact that that's the stuff you're nicking. C'mon, cough up." Fred scolded Ron, holding out his hand.
   My gaze turned back to Ginny and Molly Weasley, who seemed to have appeared from nowhere. "Mum, can I have a Pygmy Puff?" Ginny asked.
   "A what?"
   "Look, they're so sweet . . . ."
   Molly moved aside to look at Pygmy Puffs with Ginny.
   My gaze finally turns to Ron, Harry, and Hermione. I run up to them, but they had suddenly vanished. Though, no one seemed to notice how the three of them had just disappeared. I assumed it was because how distracted and interested people were from Fred and George's products.   I raise my eyebrow.
   I also looked out another window, to see Draco Malfoy standing across the other side of Diagon Alley. I had just realized what was going on.
   Gasping, I grabbed the invisibility cloak from the three of them. I was more mesmerized by how the three of them were able to fit  in a small cloak, then how no one noticed. "How did you three fit in this?" I asked as an actual question.
   "We haven't really grown that much since age eleven. Magic, right?" Says Harry. Because of Harry's terrible excuse, Hermione elbows him in the ribs.
   "It's because of Draco Malfoy, isn't it? That you're hiding."
   Ron, Hermione, and Harry look at each other, with their jaws dropped.
   "Well, if you happened to have the chance, tell him I said thank you."
   Harry raises his eyebrows, "Why?"
   "It's a long story, but he'll know."
   I give the cloak back to them and begin to look for Fred. I could see him almost instantly, because of his fiery red hair. "Fred!"
   He turns around to me and smiles, "hey!" He said. As if it hadn't only been two minutes since I just talked to him.
   "I'm sorry for punching you."
   Fred starts laughing, "That was completely my fault."
   "I was just going to tell you that I was just going to go back to your flat,
Okay?"
   Fred takes a strand of my hair in his hand and starts twirling it in his finger, "You sure?"
   "Yeah,"
   "Because you can stay here if you want to. I don't see why you'd want to, but you can if you really wanted to,"
   I shake my head. "Nah, I'm super tired so I'll just take a bath and take a nap. Or at least try to,"
   He slightly laughs, "Oh, alright. Hope you have good dreams," I laugh, "I guess goodnight for now, Love."
   As I walk up to his laugh, I couldn't stop smiling. He hadn't called me love in months.