Chapter IX

Determination

It's been around a week since Ushijima have been ignoring (F/N). Every time (F/N) tried to talk to him, somehow he avoided her. In the mornings when (F/N) wakes up, Ushijima wasn't there, but he does leave breakfast for her. In the evening he stayed more time at volleyball practice, of course (F/N) does the dinner for him but she has to leave to work. Unfortunately, she couldn't take a day off to try to talk to him when he gets home, because her boss didn't let her there was more costumers around night lately. On the weekend Ushijima was out for volleyball practice, if it wasn't in the college's gym it was in another gym around and (F/N) always wake up late and do errands, but when she found an opportunity to talk to him, he was in his room with the door locked.

A new week as begun and (F/N) was determinate to find out what the hell was wrong with her roommate. The morning and the evening were going to be the same as the last week, so she was going to try to talk to him on college. Sadly, every time he saw her, he turned around and walked away leaving (F/N) behind, pouting.

One day when (F/N) was going to try again and the same thing happened, her salvation came around. "Is he still ignoring you?" a familiar, and annoying, voice said. She turned around and found Tendou looking at her. "Yes..." she sighed with a gloomy aura "I don't know what to do anymore..."

Tendou felt bad for the girl. Exhaling he decided to help her. "I can't stand seeing you like that, so I'm going to help telling you how to approach him" (F/N) instantly lighted up "For real?!"

"Yeah..."

"Okay, tell me!!" she said impatiently.

"Volleyball practice start around 4pm, when he doesn't have the afternoon classes he goes early to the gym, perhaps around 3pm to start warming up"

"So you are telling me to ambush him while he is going to the gym?" Tendou nodded. (F/N) wasn't sure about, but giving a good though it could be her only chance to find some answers. "Okay, I'll do it, wish me luck!" she turned around and started jogging to where the gym was, leaving Tendou standing there watching her figure fade. "I should have asked for something in exchange!" he groaned.

********

Ushijima was walking to the gym around 3 pm, just like Tendou said. He was walking normally when suddenly he felt something, well more like someone, pulling his arm. Feeling this, he looked over his shoulder and found (F/N) with a frown and her hand grabbing his arm "Why are you ignoring me?!"

Instead of answer her, he just tried to get her off, but (F/N) wrapped her two arms around his. "Answer me!!" she said impatiently looking at the male. He keeps trying to get his arm back, but (F/N) tightened the grip on his arm more. "Why. Are. You. Ignoring. Me?!" she said pulling his arm. (F/N) wasn't going to let him go until she had some answers from him.

Ushijima keep trying to get her off, grunting a little, but he knows the difference in strength between him and (F/N). He was holding up a little so like that she wouldn't get hurt, just in case. "Are you mad at me?! What did I do?!" (F/N) said, still frowning. "Yes I'm mad!" he finally said something to her. "About what?!"

And again, instead of answering her he just tries to get her off. This time he used more force which cause her to let go of his arms and trip on her feet making her fall on the ground, on her cute butt. "Ouch..." she said. When Ushijima did that he just looked at her emotionless, but in the inside he was worried if he injured her. 'She seems fine' and like that he started walking again to the gym leaving her behind. (F/N) groaned when she saw him leaving.

"Are you okay?" looking up, (F/N) found Carl offering a hand to help her stand up. "Yeah..." (F/N) accepted her help. Standing up, she dusted her pants/skirt.