Chapter XIII

Helpful 

It was a nice evening, (F/N) just finished her classes and she met with Carl, because Carl owns her money. Walking through the campus, she received a text message form her boss telling her to come early, again. Sighing, she replied with a 'fine'. Of course she has to tell Ushijima about it. When she was going to text him, someone called her "(Last Name)-san!"

(F/N) turned around and found a girl from one of her classes running towards her. "(L-last Name)-san" the girl said panting with her hand on her knees. "Mamiko-chan. Do you need something?" (F/N) asked. Mamiko straighten herself and looked at (F/N) with determination on her eyes "Can you help me to confess with someone?" (F/N) thought about it like for two seconds "No" then she turned and started to walk away from Mamiko, but Mamiko isn't going to give up that easily. "I'll give you cookies!" she shouted. That made (F/N) stop and turn walking towards Mamiko. "Really?" Mamiko nodded pulling out a bag with cookies inside. (F/N) grabbed the bag, opened it and took one cookie and ate it.

"...Okay, what do you need?" (F/N) asked. Happily, Mamiko told her everything. "The guy I want to confess is in the volleyball team..." she said shyly covering her face with her hands "...and I'm too shy to go there alone" (F/N) just looked at her "Who is it?"

"It's... Suzuki-san" Mamiko said shyly. "Oh, I see... you want me to call him out the gym?" Mamiko nodded and both girls walked towards the gym where the volleyball team was. Now that she is heading that way, she can tell Ushijima about her working earlier. (F/N) was glad it wasn't Ushijima, if it was him... who knows what would she have done.

Already in front of the doors of the gym, (F/N) watched the hour on her phone's clock '3:47 pm'. The practice hasn't started yet, so it was good for Mamiko. Opening the door, (F/N) stepped inside and almost all the guys from the team were in there "Is Suzuki- san here?" she asked. "It's me! Do you need something?" Suzuki said. "No, but Mamiko wants to talk to you outside" (F/N) said. Then Suzuki blushed a little and went outside.

(F/N) stayed inside the gym, she noticed Ushijima staring at her, then she walked towards him while eating a cookie. "Yo, want some?" she offered him a cookie, which he denied. "What are you doing in here?" he asked. "Helping someone to confess" (F/N) replied. Snapping her fingers, she remembered her other purpose "Oh yeah, I have to go to work earlier today, so there will be no dinner" she said. "Okay"

"If you want you can come and eat at the restaurant. You know I'll give you a discount" (F/N) whispered the last part to him. Ushijima thought about it for a moment, he hesitated about going but at the end he just nodded as an answer. (F/N) smiled.

Suzuki entered the gym with a bag of cookies on his hands and a goofy smile on his face "Guys, I got a girlfriend!" he cheered. Some 'good' and 'yay' could be heard in the gym. "Well, my job here is done, see you later!" (F/N) said to Ushijima and started to leave the gym while eating a cookie. Ushijima just stared at her leaving figure, he turned and saw that most of the team around Suzuki, perhaps because of the cookies and then he noticed Arashi and Seiji giving him a murderous glare, but he just ignored them and continue doing what he was doing before.

********

After the volleyball practice ended, Ushijima went to the restaurant where (F/N) works. He got inside and a worker girl welcome him and guided him to an empty table with a menu. He sat on the table and read the menu. Some minutes later, (F/N) appeared and salute him. They had a small talk and then (F/N) asked him what he was going order, he told what he wanted. After it, (F/N) left to the kitchen and she continue doing her job. Ushijima just stayed there, alone, watching one of the televisions.

While waiting for his food, Ushijima sometimes turned aside his stare of the television just to take some glances to (F/N) that was around that area in those moments. In one of those glances, (F/N) noticed him looking at her, and she gave him a warm smile.