Chapter 23

I ran inside grabbing Ashton on my way. "Ash I need you to drive me to mine like now!" I tried to get out but my dry throat couldn't get anything out. I chucked him his car keys and ran over to the car. We quickly drove to mine. I was in panic mode when I arrived at my door. I felt a pair of arms come from behind me and unlock my front door. I rushed inside and ran into the kitchen. I grabbed a pill box from the top cupboard and tuck two pills out of it. I glugged them down with a glass of water. I saw a familiar figure stood at the door way as I turned around from the sink.

"Luke?" I questioned, my head tilted to the side as I said it. He walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I figured you had gone missing with Ash, then I ask my mum and she said you had shot straight off to yours clutching Ash's arms as you left, I thought I'd come and see what the problem was just to see that you didn't get up to too much" he whispered into my ear. I nodded and hugged him back. "Are you ready to go back?" Ash shouted from the front door. "Be right there" Luke shouted back. He moved back in closer, but I pushed him away, grabbed his hand and rushed towards Ash. Libby seemed to have come around whilst me and Luke were having our little moment in the kitchen. "Have we got everyone and everything?" Ash questioned handing me back my house keys. I nodded and looked up at Luke who snaked his arm around my waist and carefully lent his hand on my hip. I followed Libby through the door and handed Ash my keys on the way out. I quickly caught up with Libby on the stairs. "What's up with you and Luke, Hay?" she questioned me. I shrugged and carried on walking. "I think he likes someone else" I blurted out at the bottom the apartment stairs. "Wait what!" she shouted back at me. "I've seen the way he looks at other girls, Lib. He doesn't look at me the same, he looks at me completely different, like there is some kind of fear in his eyes." I whispered with tears in my eyes. "It's because he doesn't want to loose you" she whispered back hugging me close.

We clambered into the back of the car. Libby and Ash in the front, me and Luke in the back. His fingers creating circles on my inner thigh. I drew circles into the palm of his hand also. I smiled at Ashton through the rear view mirror as a Little Mix song hit the radio. Me and Libby jammed along in the background, getting weird looks from the lads as we went along. We pulled up in Luke's driveway again and I quickly hopped out of the car. I ran straight for the back garden to see a big crowd of people around the stage and the One Direction boys bouncing around energetically on it. I grabbed Libby's hand and ran to the front! We danced around to a few songs then both of us were pushed up on to the stage. Louis ran over to me with a chair as the other guys left the stage. Harry grabbed my hand and sat me down on the chair. Niall pulled up another chair and grabbed his guitar. I saw Luke watching me from afar. Harry grabbed my hand again and began singing 'Isn't she Lovely'. I began tearing up. Why I don't know I really disliked him right now! Libby began screaming along with the Little Mix girls in the crowd. Near the end Harry grabbed my hand and handed me a microphone. I sang along with him with Luke watching my every move. Harry finished and kissed my cheek infront of everyone. I blushed and hugged him back. I saw Luke wander back into the house. God it was my birthday couldn't that boy be happy for me for once? As Harry was leaving the stage I grabbed his hand and pulled him back. I began singing 'Everything has Changed' will Niall playing his guitar again. I handed him his microphone again and made him join in with the chorus. We finished and I hugged him again. He kissed my cheek slightly again and I ran off stage.

I ran back inside the house to find a rather distressed Calum. "What's up Cal?" I questioned him. "You tell me!" He yelled back at me! I looked at Liz and she pointed up the stairs. I ran towards Luke's room. I heard giggling coming from inside. I took a deep breath and walked through the door. There was Katie and Luke sat on his bed. Arms wrapped around each other. Lips locked. My mouth dropped. Tears began dripping off my cheeks. "Lu..kee?" I whispered. I was so shocked. He pulled away and looked at me. I walked out of the door, bumping into Libby on the way. She looked at me and headed right for Luke. I heard screaming and shouts coming from his room, but I couldn't deal with this right now.

I walked into the lounge to see Harry and the 1D boys spread across Luke's couch. Not really the people I wanted to see right now, but it looked like I had no-one. I was spaced between Harry and Perrie. "What's up Hay?" Louis questioned me. "Luke.." I whispered. Harry put his hand on me knee. I looked down at it. More tears dribbling from my cheeks. Perrie pulled me aside from the others. "What's he done babe?" She questioned. "Kissed Katie" I whispered back. Her mouth dropped. Her reaction exactly the same as mine.

I walked back into the living room but carried on into the backyard. I walked up to the stage. I interrupted the music that was playing and grabbed a microphone. People from inside gathered at the front of the stage hoping that I would sing for them. This was more serious. I put the microphone towards my mouth and tried to speak as clear as I could. "Erm..Hi guys. I have an announcement to make." I saw Luke staring at me from his bedroom window. His eyes all red and puffy. "This is really hard to say and I know you'll all be disappointed. I know tonight was my night and thank you for coming but tonight I found out the truth too! I'm sorry guys but me and Luke have split up. I'm sorry guys and thank you for coming!" I held in my tears and headed for the front door. I picked up my things and headed to my place. I walked through my front door and everything that reminded me of Luke I threw into a big black bag. Including his clothes, phone and aftershave. I instantly broke down on my bed after my little tantrum. Did all that really just happen? The guy I trusted with my life gone in a second!