Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Niall's POV

When I hear the sound of Zayn's voice come from the living room, I step out of my bedroom. He and Harry are perched on the couch, each with a beer in hand, and watching some stupid TV show. Zayn and Harry are in conversation, looking totally normal, and it's totally fucked up.

"Hey," I start as I walk out of my room and into the main area. Zayn looks at me and gives me a head nod and Harry doesn't say anything. I watch them, staring from behind, as I enter the kitchen. How can Harry be so nonchalant? Zayn lied to him, he deceived him, he cheated with Izzie. How are they here, right now, sitting on the couch, laughing and having a beer?

"So.. what is this?" I ask them and they both turn to look at me.

"What?" Zayn cocks his head at me slightly but keeps his attention mostly on the TV.

"This, you guys, I don't know. Whatever you're doing."

A deep sigh is let out from Harry and Zayn looks to the floor awkwardly. "I told you that Zayn's my brother," Harry states matter of factly. "It was fucked up, don't get me wrong." He shoots a glare at Zayn, who is still staring at the ground and has slumped in his seat a bit. "But it's over. The whole thing is over, and it didn't even last very long. It was a lapse in judgement, a moment of weakness, whatever you wanna call it. But I can't hold a grudge forever, and it sure as hell isn't worth breaking up our friendships over."

"It's... messed up." Is all I manage to say. "You two sitting here, having a beer with each other, talking normally.. it's twisted. You're twisted, dude."

"Yeah, maybe. But I'd rather be twisted and happy than normal and miserable." Harry brushes his brown curls out of his eyes to look directly at me. "I just can't live my life holding onto that negativity."

"Well you're a better person than I am," I tell him and take a seat at the table, fiddling with a napkin that is laid messily on it. "I couldn't even look at Kat when she slept with Louis."

A beer bottle clanking to the ground and a gasp from both other parties in the room is all I hear. I don't want to look up because I'm mortified that it even happened.

"Louis.. and Kat? Wait, what in the mother fucking hell are you talking about?" Harry is on his feet and moving towards the table in a matter of seconds, standing just on the other side of the table. I can feel his piering green eyes burning into me and I can just picture the glare on his face as he stares. "Niall?" He prompts again.

"They didn't sleep together exactly," I mutter as my cheeks flush. "Just in the same bed. I don't.. I don't know what happened."

"When was this.. holy shit. Where did this even come from? Louis and Kat.. man."

"Stop saying it." I warn in a hushed tone. If I have to hear Louis' name linked with hers one more time I'm going to lose my shit.

"Sorry. Wait so is that why you're pissed at her?" Harry inquires as he takes a seat at the table with me. I look up now and see that Zayn is still sitting in his spot, but he has sat up quite a bit.

"How did you know I was pissed?" 

"You came in here pissed off as shit, and I know that you only get pissed like that because of her." I don't like that he says that. It's untrue, and insulting to be quite honest. My life doesn't revolve around her, and she doesn't control me that much. 

"That's not true." 

"Yes, it is." 

"No. Harry. Stop."