Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Izzie's POV

"What do you mean you can't help her anymore?" I ask, moving a little closer to the bed but still staying a fair distance away.

"I've tried to help her, Izzie. God," he sits up from the bed and stares at me. "I have tried so hard to help her, but honestly, I don't think she wants to be helped. I can't help her anymore. She is set out to destroy herself, or her life, or whatever, and I can't help her fix that if she's determined to do it."

"That's fine. But please help me get her out of New York." I plead with him.

"I'm sorry Izzie." He says with sad eyes. "But I can't." 

"What am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to get her home?" Iask, entering a complete panic mode.

"I'm sure you'll figure out something."

The anger in my chest is boiling just looking at him. I honestly thought if anybody would help, it would be him. Had this happened two months ago, I know he would have. But so much has changed since then. Still, I can't understand how he can just not help. Even if he hates her, I know he loves her. I know he does. so how can he just sit here while she's in New York, alone and scared? 

"Fine. I'll get her home by myself." I turn and open the door.

"Izzie, wait," he calls just before I leave the room. "Tell Kat I'm sorry. And be safe, okay? New York can be a scary place.."

"Then why don't you help me?" I spit at him. 

"It's not that simple... I can't."

"You can't, or you just won't?" I fire back. When he stays silent, I shut his door and turn to see all the eyes in the room on me once again. Blushing, I put my head down and walk past them all to the front door. 

"Who's going to New York?" I hear Danielle ask as I walk.

"Me, apparently." I mutter, making sure not to make eye contact with Zayn or Harry. She gets up from her spot on the couch and walks over to me just as I'm about to leave. 

"What are you going to New York for?" 

I debate whether or not to tell her about Kat being there. Maybe she can help if I tell her. If I don't tell her, how can I know if she can help?

"Kat ran away there, I guess. She's all alone, I have to go help her."

"By yourself?" She asks, her eyes widening a bit. She grabs onto my arm gently to stop me from leaving. "You can't go by yourself." 

"Well are you going to go with me?" I ask her, desperation clear in my voice and face. She looks away from me, leaving the quesiton lingering in the air. 

"And Niall won't help?" She says as I open the door to leave, shrugging out of her light grasp. 

"Does it look he is coming with me?" I answer without turning around. 

"I'll go." 

I stop in my tracks, turning back to the room of people, whose eyes are no longer on me. I follow their gaze to the subject of their glares and fall onto Louis. 

Louis? 

Eleanor is staring at him with the most painful expression I've ever seen, Harry, Liam, and Zayn look like they've just seen a ghost, and Danielle has a small smile on her lips, along with a relaxed look on her face. 

"What?" I ask, to make sure I heard him right. My thoughts are confirmed when he gets up off the couch, avoiding the hurt stare from Eleanor, and walks slowly to me.