Chapter 9

Chapter 9 

One week before the accident

The next four weeks seem to fly by. My injuries have mostly healed, and I haven't heard a word of Corey. And honestly, I've been too wrapped up in Niall to care anymore. After that night we watched the movie, I had been spending almost every day with him. I wasn't sure what exactly we were now, but there was definitely something there.

Every night he would send me a goodnight text, and every morning I would wake up to a good morning one. When he wasn't working, he was at my apartment, spending time with me. He was the funniest, sweetest, and friendliest guy I'd ever met. He hadn't tried any moves on me, and for that I was thankful. I need to move at my own pace, and he had been letting me do just that.

That night I kissed him on the cheek was when I knew I felt something. I felt the spark as I touched my lips to his cheek. And based on his reaction, I knew he did too. But neither of us had spoke of it. We just kind of ignored it and kept enjoying each other's company. He even stayed at my apartment a few times over the course of the weeks, and there was once or twice where I let him sleep in the same bed as me. We didn't do anything, just laid there with each other, and there was an undeniable spark each time.

 I was seeing my therapist on a weekly basis, and had been making great strides with her as well. In our last session, she noted me as "fully on the recovery", and said we may only have to go for another month or so. I was thrilled that my life was finally coming into place like I had hoped it would.

However fast it may have seemed to go, it wasn't an easy four weeks. I had breakdowns, meltdowns, nightmares - you name it. But Niall seemed to always be there. Izzie was too wrapped up in Harry now, but I had Niall to somewhat fill her void in my life. He did get on my nerves still a little, being as overly cautious and protective as he is, but I know he's got good intentions.

I sit on my bed now, and it's about 9 o'clock at night. I have decided to reread my favorite book recently to keep my occupied.

I hear a key jiggle in the front door, and I know immediately who it is. About a week ago, I gave Niall a key to the place. Izzie protested, saying it was too soon, but I told her I felt safer doing that than leaving the door unlocked most nights, because Niall had been working late on many nights throughout the past month. He had been staying at my place most nights anyway. He seemed a bit stressed out recently, but he wouldn't talk about what it was. When I asked, he simply said, "work stuff."

"Kat? Izzie?" I hear Niall call as he enters the complex. "Anybody home?"

"In here!" I shout from my bedroom.

"Hey," he says entering the room and plopping down on the bed. I smile. "What are you up to?"

I hold up the book I'm reading.

"Oh, sorry," he says apologetically. "I forgot you actually enjoy those things."

"Ha, ha, very funny," I say with a sarcastic tone. "Maybe you should try reading one one of these days."

"Nah," he says with a smirk, "I think I'll have a shower instead."

I watch as he peels off his shirt and leaves it on the bed. His perfectly carved abs give no mercy. My eyes follow him as he searches through a drawer for something wear, and he pulls out a new pair of boxer briefs and a pair of sweatpants. (Okay, so he had a few clothes here as well.) He walks across the room and enters the bathroom, slyly leaving the door to the shower open. I try to regain my thought process.

I am trying desperately to focus on my book, but all I can seem to think about is Niall in that shower. His blonde hair plastered to the side of his face, water dripping down his chest. I quickly shake the thought. I can hear him singing from the shower.