Chapter 1

Jack's POV
The best possible way to describe my friendship with Mark is 'you are trash, but you're my trash'. Nobody else is allowed to have my perfect pink haired best friend. Anyways Mark and I have been best friends since we were six. Back before we started school I moved next door and he had cool trucks so friendship was born. Which I'm increasingly thankful for.
All of that is the reason why I am here in his backyard at a bonfire with our other friends. Marshmallows are being cooked over the fire as Felix makes awful jokes. I look over at Mark who has a smile from ear to ear. The light of the moon against his face makes him even more beautiful. Oh I forgot to mention that I may have a teeny weeny bit of a crush on Mark. He doesn't know and he shall never know.
Everything goes silent for a short bit until Mark breaks the silence.
"Junior year. God almost there."

"No kidding. I can't wait till all of this ends," Wade chuckles.

"I kind of don't want it to end," I add truthfully.

"What do you mean Jack? You hate school," Bob says confused.

"The closer we are to graduating is the closer I'll be to never seeing you guys again."

"We'll be together for a long time Jack. Don't worry," Mark smiles sweetly which is reassuring even though I know it's a lie.
I take a bite out of my s'more and look into the burning fire. The last night we'll have until school starts. This is going by too quick and I don't want it to. I love my friends that I have. How am I supposed to make such a great bond with other people? I've know these guys since Kindergarten. You can't just break that bond you have. Well you can it's just hard to let go of and I don't want to do that.
Felix and his girlfriend have their own conversation while everyone else is talking about something else. Then there's me who is being totally quiet. Which is even surprising myself. Mark notices and his eyebrows knit together in confusion.
"Why are you so quiet? Did you loose your vocal cords?"

"No, just tired is all."

"You can go to bed if you want."

"I'll be fine," I wave it off.
Mark nods and we all go back to visiting. However thirty minutes it becomes everyone's curfew. Our friends leave and we're left to clean up. I take care of all the garbage while Mark takes care of the fire. Once I have all of the snacks in his house I go back outside. I help him stack the lawn chairs together packing them up till next summer.
"Another successful night," Mark sighs and I nod in agreement.

"Mark?"

"Yeah, Jack?"

"Do you promise we'll always be best friends.....even off in college?"

"Of course. Don't sweat it bro we'll always be best friends."

"Alright, well we should be getting ready for bed. Hell starts tomorrow."

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow. Don't forget the bus leaves at 6:30."

"I know I know," I say nudging him slightly.
Mark then gives me a hug and I wrap my arms around him. He pats my back and we come apart. We then go our separate ways to our own houses. Last day of freedom is over and now we must return to tiny version of hell. Hopefully I manage. Most likely will, but you never know.
As I go up the stairs quietly I can hear my sister talking to her friend. Ever since the end of last school year she's been thinking highly of herself. Since it's her last year of Highschool. Lucky little shit. Whatever I'm sure that once tomorrow starts it'll stop. I at least hope it does, but I'm 60% sure that it'll end.
I slip on a fresh shirt and go under my Polk a dot sheets. My eyes slowly close and before I know it I'm fast asleep.

This chapter has been changed three times so now I've finally got it the way I want. It's about damn time too. BTW I wrote this at 12 PM BC SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!