Chapter 34

Jack's POV
I sit at the dinner table with my ma and sister quietly. All you hear is the occasional squeak from the fork running across the plate. Which is the most god awful noise in the world.
"So Sean Prom is coming up," Ma starts out.

"And your reason for bringing this up is..."

"Well I was just wondering if you needed to get a new dress shirt. You and your sister could go together to the Mall. I just need to know if you need money."

"I don't know ma."

"What do you mean? Has Mark not talked about it with you yet," my sister asks.

"No, plus these dances never go well so I might not go."

"Come on Sean. You'll have a good time. People say that they suck, but they are pretty fun. All your friends are there and they have better music than Homecoming," Kate pleads to me.

"I don't know okay. I'll know by Wednesday hopefully."
***
Mark's POV
At this time of need I thank Google for being a thing. Since I can't think of anything cool to do for a Promposal. Sure they are very typical, but I figured it would be a nice thing to do. However all I need is a good and cute thing that he'll like.
In the span of twenty minutes staring at my utensils I get an idea. Which I instantly start working on so I can do it tomorrow at school.
A tube of glitter glue and two dried out markers I have my promposal finished for Jack. Just to make sure that it looks good I send it to Felix since he could probably be more help than Bob or Wade. Once it's sent he instantly replies.
Felix: looks great lol

Me: think so?

Felix: trust me it'll be great and he'll love it

Me: thanks
***
Jack's POV
I sit in English bored as fucking ever. Mark decided to skip today I guess. Which is awful since then I'm bored and he has work to make up. So when the bell rings I go up to her desk and get his work.
"Oh Sean he already got it don't worry. He said that he wouldn't be in here today."

"Well, okay then. See you tomorrow then."
Once I walk out of class I'm met by Wade and Molly. My eyebrows furrow in confusion with he excited expression. She grabs my hand and drags me to the hallway at the front of the school. However before we turn the corner Wade stops me.
"Close your eyes," he orders me and I do as told.
Once Molly leads me in the right place she has me open my eyes. My baby blues open and I'm met with the best sign ever for prom. The white long sheet reads: Jack, this is hella GAY but will you go to Prom with me?. Then it has a fucking rainbow at the end. It's quite funny in my opinion. Way better than what I was going to do. Under the sign stands Mark with a bouquet of white roses with a wide grin on his face. I shake my head at him as I walk closer to him.
"You little shit I was going to ask you."
Mark's face goes a bit in shock and a bit of worry.
"I guess I'll go with you," I chuckle grabbing his shirt and bringing him close to me.
As soon as we collide I press my lips to his. I can feel his smile against my lips. There's a couple people cheering which is most likely our friends and a couple passing people on their way out to go home. We disconnect and he hands me my roses. I kiss his cheek real quick before I hand my phone to Wade. As soon as I'm by Mark's side he wraps his arm around me. Wade snaps the picture and I thank him before we're all on our way home.
Mark leaves the paper behind not wanting to bring it home. We get in his car and then drive off to our houses. The whole way there I have my nose buried in my flowers.
"That was awesome Mark. Thank you," I smile at him.

"No problem babe. Anything for the prettiest boy on the planet."
***
"Kate I don't think I need a whole new wardrobe for Prom," I exasperate as I hang onto the same button up shirt in different colors.

"Do you not realize that you're just trying all of this on. You're not taking every single thing I give to you. Now come on," she leads me to the dressing rooms and pushes me inside one.

"Make sure to come out and show me and don't think of a closet joke please."

"Aw come on," whine with a laugh as I start to get dressed.
Four exits earlier and we have decided that pink, yellow, purple and silver aren't for me. I could have told her that. However as I sit in this black button up shirt waiting for Kate to get me ties I play with the sleeves. She knocks on the door and I get out. Kate hands me three different colored bow ties.
"Try them on with that now. I already have my dress, but you take ten years."

"Only because of you."
I take the light blue bow tie and tie it around my neck. She claps her hands with excitement and I do have to agree. I look pretty fucking gorgeous.
***
We get to the house after we get corsages for our dates. You have no idea how hard it was for Mark to describe what color his shirt and tie were. It shouldn't have taken so long in my opinion. Since we have the exact same colored shirt, but different colored ties. However my color pink is different from his.
We walk inside and ma is already asking to see our stuff. Kate has no trouble showing her dress, but I'd rather not deal with it. So I go run up to my room to set my stuff down after I quickly put the corsage on the table. However when I get up to my bedroom I see Mark, sitting in my computer chair with a smile on his face.
I set my stuff in the closet and once I'm done I face him once again in confusion.
"I have a beautiful date and I don't know how to dance. Do you think you can help me," Mark smiles standing up and grabbing my wrist.

"Of course I can," I smile sweetly.

Oh I'm so excited! Very happy with how the end is going. I know that I haven't done so much with dancer Jack. However I have an idea for it so it will come back into play.

I feel like this is all over the place but I wrote this when I got done with my ballet exam. Which I just wasn't proud of. I forgot what a term was I was starting in the wrong foot and I did one too many pasdeburees which coincidentally was the term I forgot was in English.

Anyways happy reading! Have a magnificent day!