Chapter 7: The Cliche Party

A/N: Super long chapter ahead and it's dedicated to Smileytimey, who we love cause of her comments!
Pictured above are their outfits and here's a picture of the boys at the party as well.
Girls- left to right: Coco, Rebecca, Mila and Eleanor.
Boys- left to right: Tyler, Ashton and Logan.

***

***

After a long day of doing practically nothing, it was finally time to get dressed.

"What on earth are you doing, Coraline?!"

I turn around to see my mother, horrified at the huge pile of clothes on my bed. "It looks like a tornado hit this place, for heaven's sake!"

"I'm just finding more appropriate clothes to wear mother, considering your issues with my normal clothing."

Mom narrows her eyes at me, "Watch your mouth. Dinner's ready. Come down right now."

"I'm not really hungry, I think I'll crash in early today." I tell her with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Suit yourself. Clean this mess up," she says, just turning around to leave, when life decides to throw another obstacle in my way.

Ping. Ping.

Damn phone! Why didn't I put it on silent?

"On second thought, give me that phone of yours," Mom makes her way to my bedside table where my phone is kept.

"What? But why?!"

"You're grounded. What do you expect? No phone or laptop privileges. Hand them over." She holds out her hand.

I reluctantly grab my laptop and phone, putting my phone on airplane mode so mom doesn't go around snooping at incoming texts, especially with the party tonight.

Mom leaves the room with a satisfied smirk on her face, probably feeling happy about the misery she thinks I'll be going through tonight, little does she know.

"Hmmm. What to wear now?" I look around my mess of a room, tapping my chin and pondering over my clothing options.

Deciding to just wing it, I grab the first thing I see, which happens to be a grey and black printed chiffon dress that ended mid-thigh, along with a belt cinched at the waist. Pairing it with black ankle boots and a black leather jacket, I let my hair down in in it's natural waves and put on some concealer, primer and mascara before finishing off with a tinted lip balm and heading towards my window as soon as I see three flashes of lights outside.

Headlights. Logan's here.

I assess my reflection in the mirror and after severe contemplation perch a black fedora hat on my head.

Perfect.

I make sure my door is locked from the inside before heading back to the window.

I open the glass shutters and mentally calculate the drop from my first floor window. Around 11 feet, I suppose. A few broken bones, if I fall.