Chapter 2: The Cliche Best Friend

The first thing I do after escaping from Ashton is rush to the ladies' room to assess the damage to my head.

I let out a little sigh of relief after seeing that the bruise marring my forehead isn't as bad as I expected it to be. Nothing a bit of concealer and some strategically placed bangs can't cover.

I twirl the ends of my recently dyed hair to make it look a little neater.

"Hey Coco." Parvati Singh - a girl in my English literature class walks into the ladies' room and smiles at me. "Your hair looks lovely."

"Thanks Parvati."

"Did you and Mila go together or something?"

"No, why would I go with Mila?"

She opens her mouth to answer but the bell signalling the fourth period rings at the exact same moment.

"Shoot! I have class. It was nice talking to you, Parvati." I say and rush out of the ladies' room, heading towards Biology.

"Nice hair."

"Love the colour. It suits you really well."

"Are you and Mila bffs now?"

I smile at the compliments I was receiving - or rather my hair was receiving, ignoring the last one.

I'm about to turn towards the next corridor when a hand suddenly grabs my elbow and spins me around to face them. I groan upon seeing the person.

It just had to be her!

"The feeling's mutual Mathews."

Camila Ryder - Mila for short is the overly-preppy, super sweet devil in a cheer leading uniform who is extra nice to everyone (whose name isn't Coco Mathews). She is co-captain of the cheer leading team and head of the drama club. Needless to say she's a massive drama queen. And she also happens to have Ashton Hale as arm candy.

I don't know when our little feud started but we actually used to be good friends back in elementary school. But then one day she decided she had had enough and started picking petty little fights with me and competing on every thing.

With her perfectly curled dark brown locks that so happen to be dyed the exact shade as mine---Wait what?!?

"Resorting to even copying my hair. I didn't think you'd stoop this low, Mathews." She raises a perfectly plucked brow at me, her hands resting on her hips.

"I copied your hair? If there's anyone who's copied anyone's hair here. It's you." I retort, pointing a finger at her. "I mean come on! The butterscotch highlights were cool but even the same ombre dip dye?"

"I got my hair dyed way before you!"

"Really? I got them dyed in the summer holidays."

"How dare you accuse me of such a vile thing such as copying your hair!" Her upper lip curls in disgust.

"If there's anything vile in the vicinity. It's you."

She's ready to lunge at me and scratch my face with her French manicured nails, when a bored voice stops her and a hand clamps down on her wrist.

Eleanor Alden - better known as Elle is Mila's best friend and her other half. They're complete opposites and have nothing in common, apart from the fact that they're co-captains of the cheer leading team and are easier on the eyes than most people.

Whereas Mila is nice to anyone and everyone (apart from me), Elle with her devil-may-care attitude is very blunt and has no brain-to-mouth filter, whatsoever, so automatically Mila is the nice cheer leading captain and Elle is the mean one, who doesn't bat an eyelid while making girls cry during tryouts. Mila is in a steady relationship with Ashton ever since freshman year (shocking, I know) but Elle doesn't do boys - not that she's a lesbian. She has guys pining over her, but they're either too scared of her because of her sharp tongue or are unnerved by her because she's intimidating - like really intimidating.