Chapter 4: The Cliche Escape

"Miss Mathews! Can you please refrain from sleeping in my class?"

A booming voice jolts me out of my peaceful slumber.

"Huh?" My head snaps up at the source of the noise and the words are flying out of my mouth before I can take them back. "Well, if your class wasn't boring as hell, we wouldn't have this problem, Gib."

Where's the fucking brain to mouth filter when you need one?

Mr. Gibbins' eyebrows rose in shock and his mouth fell open. I can hear a few snickers of amusement behind my back.

"Excuse me!? Did you just talk back to me?" he asks not accepting the fact that someone could answer him back.

The damage has been done. There's no going back now.

"You heard me," I sass back as I cross my arms across my chest.

"Detention. Right now," he growls, glaring down at me.

I swiftly grab my books, stand up and make my way out of the class while the others students cheer me on. I stop at the entrance and take a bow as a small smirk forms its way on my lips.

Good going, Coco. You could take up a job of entertaining crowds by insulting people in the near future if nothing else works out.

The hallways are deserted and I walk towards my locker and open it to dump my books in.

"I'M BATMAN." I hear a low deep voice whisper in my ear and I jump a mile in the air, clutching my chest, my heart beating erratically.

Turning around ready to sock the source of this voice in the eye, I see my stupid best friend on the floor laughing hysterically.

I scowl at her and help her up before slapping her arm.

"You idiot! I could've died of a freaking heart attack!"

Once Rebecca recovers from her mini laughter attack, she asks me why I'm roaming about the hallways. When I tell her what went down in the class she goes on to laugh for a couple of more minutes before pinching me cheeks in appreciation and pretending to sniffle about how she had taught me well.

"Were you honestly that bored, Coco? Cause this is a first."

"Hell no! I barely got any sleep last night," I yawn.

"Why? What were you doing?" she asks with a curious look on her face, before it turns into a mischievous smile and she continues, "Or better yet, who were you doing?"

When I didn't respond back, she made me sit and spill all the details of what happened last night.

After I invited Tyler inside we sneaked upstairs to my room. While he waited, I grabbed a shirt from my brother - Cameron's room and gave it to him to change into.

I left him in the room and headed downstairs to finally eat the food I had gotten, not wanting to share it. By the time I finished and headed back up, I saw him fast asleep on the couch.

Deciding not to wake him up, I went to sleep as well. But when I woke up this morning, the couch was empty with no trace of Tyler making me question my sanity and if last night actually happened.

"He what?!" Rebecca shrieks as if she found out that her cats ended up giving birth to mice. "He, Tyler Collins, the school's resident bad boy, spent the night at-" I place my hand on her mouth, trying to shut her up as a few students divert their attention to us at the mention of Tyler.

"Shut up," I hiss at her, "Not here." Rebecca rolls her eyes and I feel something wet touch my palm. My eyes widen. Bitch just licked my hand! I pull my hand away, slapping her, wiping her spit on her own cheek.