Chapter 9: The Cliche Confessions and Confrontations

Dedication to MeMyselfandWatty for being our 100th follower and to @dabookbabe and @P4nd4b4rfr showering us with such heartwarming comments.

Remember the feeling you get when you're swamped in your bed covers watching Netflix twenty four seven and eating as much junk food as you possibly can?

Yeah, me neither.

Especially since this last week has been hectic as hell considering it was project week - the most dreadful week of the month. Project weeks are worse than Mondays and that's a lot coming from me as I despise Mondays.

Exhausted to the max, everyone has been so busy that I haven't exactly gotten a chance to speak to either of my two best friends or anyone for that matter after the crazy triple date we had.

Project week ends tomorrow and since all our projects are complete, Rebecca and I are finally getting some time to catch up. She has yet to tell me about what went down after Tyler and I left that night. I hope it wasn't too bad.

I get out of the shower and while I'm drying my hair, I hear the doorbell ring. I hurriedly put my clothes on, expecting Rebecca to barge in any second now.

A few minutes pass and she's still not upstairs.

That's weird.

I head downstairs, and find out why when I spot my mom standing at the door talking to a very uneasy and confused Logan. But what is he doing here? I don't recall him telling me he's coming over.

Logan looks up and his eyes meet mine, signalling me to help him.

"Logan, why didn't you come in and meet me when you came to pick Coraline up? Is something wrong?" My mom asks him, slightly concerned.

Oh no. Mom doesn't know it was Seth that picked me up instead of Logan. And obviously Logan has no idea what mom's talking about!

"What day..?" As Logan begins to ask, I quickly cut him off.

"Oh you know, last week when we went for the movie." I say, hoping he's gonna catch on. He raises his eyebrows, picking up on the lie.

"Ah yeah.. Uh--Mrs. Mathews actually, I was already kind of sick and we were running late," he tells her, sheepishly. And I breathe out in relief. "I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"I made some Alfredo pasta earlier, would you like some?" Oh Lord. Mom's always feeding Logan, I swear.

"Ooh! My favourite. Don't mind if I do." He grins at my mom whose eyes light up in excitement as she hurries to the kitchen.

I walk over to our living room while Logan trails behind.

He takes a seat, fiddling with his phone, something he does when he's either nervous or deep in thought. A few silent seconds pass before he suddenly speaks up, as if remembering something.

"What night was your mom talking about? I don't recall us going for a movie," he asks me, trying to remember a memory that doesn't exist.

"Ah the date night. I had Seth pick me up but I couldn't tell mom, so I told her you and I were going for a movie."

"HA! So it was your plan! I knew it." He points out, not hiding his excitement about his assumption being spot on.

"Alright go ahead, be mad." I sigh.

"Why would I be mad at you?" Logan asks furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.