Chapter 10: The Cliche Carnival

A/N : SUPER long and interesting chapter ahead. Also, Coco's outfit is at the top. Enjoy!

Wednesdays are my favorite. Not only do I have a free period right before lunch, but today it's even more exciting with the annual carnival being held, marking the first official date of Rebecca and Logan!

As I'm flipping through the last pages of the mitotic cell cycle, the chapter we are soon going to be quizzed on, I begin to crave some chocolate milkshake.

I check the time to see I still have 20 minutes till my free period ends before I have lunch for an hour.

Thinking that this is plenty of time, I grab my bag and decide to head to Pranny's for their mouthwatering Oreo shake.

Luckily for me, it's only a 10 minute walk from school, give or take.

When I finally arrive at the diner, I make my way to the counter and order my milkshake. As I wait for it to get ready, I spot a familiar mop of perfectly curled blonde hair a few tables away from me, chatting away with a co-worker while the duo cleaned tables.

Katherine.

Ah damn I wasn't ready for confrontation yet! Though I do owe her a major apology. I lean against the counter, my eyes fixed on her back as I contemplate whether I should go up to her now or leave it for later.

It's not that apologizing scares me, no way. I believe it's a brave thing to be able to own up to your actions. Besides, if you can cause someone trouble in public, you should have the balls to apologize to them to their face too.

The only thing I was worried about was her reaction to my apology. What if she goes batshit crazy on me?

I look around the diner, it wasn't crowded at all considering it's still early in the morning. Teenagers were at school while adults weren't on lunch break as yet.

It did seem like the perfect time to confront Katherine just incase she does go crazy, not a lot of people would witness it. But then again, I would not have any witnesses to give a report if she attacked me or something...

Fuck it. Here goes nothing.

Taking in a deep breath, I push myself off the counter and make my way to her. She was still in deep conversation with her co-worker.

"Katherine?" I say skeptically.

The conversation immediately dies, with Katherine's co-worker looking up at me, while the said blonde girl now facing me, blinks in confusion. Realization crosses her features and a frown forms on her lips. She takes a small breath before speaking.

"Uh, what do you want? If it's another food fight then I'm sorry I'm gonna ask you to go somewhere else." She says while I'm left confused as to whether she's joking or actually being serious.

I let out a nervous chuckle, "No no, of course not."

Katherine crosses her arms across her chest as she patiently waits for me to go on.

"Look Katherine, I'm extremely sorry about the disaster that your date turned out to be. It was never meant to be like that. It's just- We intended to do something else but one thing led to another and things got out of control." I finally let out, thinking back to what all I just said and realizing it wasn't a very good explanation.