Chap. 3.3

The sun passes through and it is already noon. We both feel a little bit hungry and we can see it in our faces. I stand up, holding my tummy while she continues drinking the juice on the pitcher.

“I will get some pack foods on the fridge. You just sit there and I will come back later”

“Okay,” she answers, smiling hardly.

“You can drink that juice until the pitcher is empty”

As I go to the kitchen room, I sneak for my brother on the restroom. He is still silent, holding a plate with his favorite food, lasagna. I chuckle a little because he eats it fully by his own without leaving even a single piece on his serving dish. I know that is the reason why he is so fat now.

 I turn around, go into the fridge, and open it. I see no pack foods anymore!

Carlo might bring all of those in his office. I think he has his own refrigerator there that Joan does not know for too long. She does not want dad keeps his own appliances at his office because he has his own house and why he does not bring it all here. Sometimes, I hear them argue inside their room but later on, silence comes over and if I can see them when I sneak out, they are so sweet, hugging each other. They are like dancing with the rhythm of the wind. Actually, the wind has no sounds. They are just hearing their heartbeats that cause this sweetest effect of the night. Oh, gross. They are too old to do that.   

I am blank. I do not know what to do.

I have no idea at that time what dishes should I cook. There are many things revolving around my mind just to save our hunger. First, I will just order some foods on a fast food chain and I will just pay. Second, I will take a rush on the supermarket and buy some ready-to-cook foods. Lastly, I will just tell Sam to go home and get some foods on their kitchen. It is so ridiculous to happen. Her mother always scolds her whenever she gets food on their kitchen. I remember when we were in high school and we make a project in their house. There was a time that we need some snacks to eat so she went downstairs and prepare some foods for us. As we were finishing the project, we suddenly heard her cry. We went down the stairs to see what happened. I was shocked. Her mom punished her. Her mom’s face was like a monster, a beautiful monster. She told me to go out of their house but I could not. I must help my best friend. Because of my adrenaline rush and for too much pain in my stomach, I pulled my best friend away back to her room. We hid ourselves from her monstrous mom. Furthermore, that was the reason why her mom was in temper whenever she saw her daughter stealing her own food.

Time is passing me by.

My feet are stuck on the kitchen floor. Suddenly, I hear Sam’s voice. I turn around and she comes down to see me.

“What are you doing there, Kath? Is there any problem?”

“Oh, no,” I say, keeping the good mood even if I am sweating. “You should go back to the room now; I will cook this food first”

“But you are not preparing any dishes there. Don’t worry, I will just go home and get some steam foods there”

I could not react. She is quite hardheaded. She does not remember the things happen in our childhood times. I do not have the right to stop her because I am also hungry. I only sit down on the floor and think of something funny. While I have my thoughts on the two of us, it is irresistible to think about another fantasy of mine. It is all about the dragon riders. It is weird because I am just thinking about Sam and I and there is a part that our enemy is my ex-boyfriend. I am asking myself why he is always on the way when the climax is approaching. I doubt my mind on how it works negatively. It always keeps this ugly face of him. Then, we keep on fighting and fighting until we get tired and just continue doing it for the whole time. Finally, the end is near. Sam is poorly injured. We are left on the battlefield. Unexpectedly, it rains some candy and goodies from the sky. I do not know the reason why because the candy balls are so familiar to me. I think I see it on the bowl next to the flower vases. Then, the scene starts to blur and I can clearly see my brother. When I fully open my eyes, I see him pouring me some disgusting candies. I shout and shout until I hear Sam’s voice outside.

“Help, my brother is killing me,” I yell. “Somebody help me!”

“What is the problem Kath?” she asks. “Stop that Isle, your sister is hurt”

“But it is only a candy,” Isle retorts.

“Even though it is a candy, you should know already that your sister has a phobia in sweets”

“Okay I am sorry,” he goes up stairs. Sam helps me in going up from the ground. I wipe away all the sticky things in my body. I think for now on that I am feeling so unlucky with my brother here. I want top pick up my phone but I remember that it is inside the aquarium. Sam looks at me in curious eyes. I know she has something to tell about the way I act today.

I take a deep inhale. Smile.

I see in her hands the food she gets from her house.

“I am fine now. There is nothing to worry about so let us go back to my room and continue our talk,” I say as my heart starts to beat strangely. I touch my chest but it is terrible to feel the pulses in my body. I am left alone in the kitchen as I mend Sam to go up first. I sit on a chair and feel trouble about the pain in my torso. I start to hear words from my side and I do not where it comes from. It might be on the left, right, or at my back. I can sense something running to my shoulders and even to my feet. Later on, I decide to go upstairs and let Sam consults me what to do.

I stand up slowly, keeping a balance to resist falling.

As I am walking nearer at the door, my balance is lost. I fall down with a two-foot twist. The hunger I am regarding now is killing me as well as the pain on my chest. Now, the pain is tripled. I knock at my door and then Sam opens it. She suddenly pulls me up and calls my brother for help. I can sense blood flowing out on the ground. This is the first time I feel death in this way.