Chap. 4.5

Note: This Chapter might seem so complicated but those are mysteries to be solved.

I feel like lucky this day because my menstrual period ends. Even if I have to move complicatedly, it will never come back. I feel better when I hear Sam and Isle’s voices approaching to the room. Then, Dwight stands up, closes the door, and locks it. I do not know the reason why keeps rage on me. I move up from the bed and go closer into him.

“Why did you do that?” I angrily ask him. “Let them in. You don’t have the right to prison here”

“Stop. I will never let you go out for this moment,” he says. I hear knocks at the door as well as their voices. I think Dwight has something to tell me so he locks it first.

“I need to go out now. I am so damn hungry. I need to go out now,” I groan, forcing him to open the door. “What is your problem? Are you out of your mind now?”

“No, I need to clarify first the things you have said. Upon hearing those words, I conclude to myself that you are lying to me. Your innocence does not show up. By the way, I want to remind you that Carla never goes to NY. She said to me when she was alive that if ever she will go there, she remembers the past that she has,”

Oh, is that so.

I cannot believe that the two of us has the same tragedy. If her past was in NY so am I in Phoenix. This is such a coincidence. Both of us want to set free ourselves from our past life so we go to different places. I like the way she does too. Lucky for her that she already married Dwight unlike me, single forever. I believe that someday, someone will love me more than he does.

Isle’s voice is getting louder. I hear him calling my name repeatedly.

“We both feel the same way. I left Phoenix because of my past life. I hate it so much. One of the reasons is you. You make me deem that you really love me but love is not the thing you are searching for. I am acting like your own servant. I keep on giving you what you wanted but you never repay me more than I did. I thought that you will be contented; however, you never always mending me for more. When you wanted to make love with me, I keep on thinking what will be my future to be a single mother living without her partner. Carlo will punish me in hard ways. Thus, I separate with you in order for our relationship to survive longer than we thought. Nevertheless, it never works out. None of my plans works out because you easily surrender on it,” tears falling from my mourning eyes. I never feel these hard emotions before. I think that when I finally confess everything to him, I will feel better but it is not. I make the same mistake to myself again.

The room gets silent.

Sunlight begins to disappear.

“Now I realize that you still love me,” he moves a little closer to me but I remain steady. “Can you give me another chance?”

I hastily reply no. “No, I can’t. You should wait and we must give ourselves an extension of time”

“Okay, but I know that you will let me love you again,”

“If that is what you are thinking now,” I reply.

 Finally, he let me open the door. I twist the doorknob and what I see is my little brother bringing me some foods to eat. I am just inquiring why he brings two packs.

“Isle, I am happy you are here. Where is Sam?”

“She only sends me here because she has something to do in the town. Look at my teeth,” he smiles, showing his newly clean teeth. “We are having fun at the mall for while and she suddenly intends to buy foods for the two of you. She said that we must go home immediately because there might something happen, if we stay there long”

“You should not think about us negatively because it might come true”

Dwight titters. “It may have been coming true but your sister was so picky. She wants it in the other day secretly”

“What did you say?” I ask him madly.

“I said that we are just planning to do that thing secretly in the other day,”

“Is it true Katrina? I will also keep it as a secret”

“You must cover your ears and never hear his words. He is such a two-face monster. If I were you, just go to the restroom and watch TV”

“Okay,” he lends me the foods then run downstairs. I turn back again seeing him in a fabulous poise. He is damn sexy with his polo shirt with bearable chest and black jeans. The way he stands in front of me makes me silly. He slowly walks towards me and run his hands through my hips line towards my back. A sudden pull connects the two of us.

I am overly frozen in him.

I find it durable to breathe when I sense his warmth through my skin. I gently close my eyes and start to hear the sound of his heartbeat.

“If you can give me another chance, I am ready to repay you everything. Please give me your sweet reply of Yes and I will assure you that you will enjoy every moment with me”

No, this is not happening to me now. The temptation gets me into him. I slightly bow down my hand unto his chest, waiting for my memory to speak and answer his question.

Immediately, the answer flashes on my mind.

It is yes. How could it be? I do not love him anymore. Hatred is the thing that is on my mind that I always compare to him. I should learn to hate him more than I do to myself. There are things that I cannot explain. Maybe, it is yes.

“Yes, but in one condition,” I reply.