Chap. 9 Dream

Note: This is the last part of the book....... I will give an overview of the next book (sequel) by next week...... Thanks for the readers.....

-9-

Dream

Ouch! The pain kills me.

I can’t even move my other foot.

I can’t be stuck in this bed forever.

I gently open my eyes, still covered with tears. The room’s temperature drops down and I don’t know exactly if it is below zero. I can feel intense cold. I try to move my head sideways and I see him. He is sleeping on a sofa bed beside me.

Suddenly, my stomach hurts. From my foot to my stomach, it is so terrible that the pain will rule my body. I know I am healthy but I don’t even understand why things get worst like this. Still, I have a lot of questions unanswered that are stuck in my mind.  

I bow down for a moment and close my eyes. I attempt to think back about what happened to me before I met him. Think.

However, I am interrupted by a voice.

“Kat?” I hear him. “You are already awake,”

I open my eyes and I can see him walking towards me. The light causes his eyes to sparkle like glitters that surround him. At that moment, I am astonished. Then, he sits beside me and holds my hand.

 I look at him and our eyes meet. I shouldn’t have to fall again Dwight.

“Tell me,” his face gets nearer. “Do I still have the chance of,” he pauses.

“What do you mean?” I ask him back.

He holds my hand tighter. Now, it feels stranger than before. Loving him is a chance, last chance I ever had.

“I need you to answer me directly. Do you still love me?” his voice starts to change.

“Huh,”

“I love you and I could take it anymore. Seeing you like this hurts me. I can’t even control my temper sometimes. I don’t know how it feels of being apart from you. I can sense danger. I can feel it,” he says worriedly. The moment he stops is the same time I can feel the pain again. I abruptly shout.

“Are you okay Kat? Just wait here, I will call the doctor,” he starts to run away.

“Don’t go,” he stops. He turns back and looks at me again. “I mean, it doesn’t really hurt so don’t panic. You react exaggeratedly. Can you sit back here beside me?”

As what I expect, he doesn’t just sit beside me but he lies beside me. He covered my body with a blanket and hugs me. His arms are not cold anymore. He kisses me on my cheek.

Tickle.

Tickle.

Tickle.

“Hey, I thought you were leaving again to New York City,” he utters.

I pause for a moment, trying to remember about my past experiences in there.

“Maybe next month, I am not sure. I need to tell Joan and Carlo about it. I still have few days left here to stay with you. I will possible lose my job if I will never go back,” I say. I am waiting for his reaction, violent or not.

The pain eases. I can breathe normally now. I look at him and stare on his eyes. Suddenly, he kissed me. My lips move with his and it is exactly my intimate moment with him. This is totally different.

“Maybe, in time, I can tell you the truth,”

I am puzzled.

“About what,” I say.