Chap. 9.2

“Help!" I cry.

Unexpectedly, I can hear a voice. I can also hear my name. Someone is calling me.

I shout louder but then the voice disappears. I turn around and there is someone who hugs me abruptly. Then, he is telling me something.

“Come with me. You are safe now,” he whispers. I hold him tight and he guides me until we reach the main exit. I don’t know how it feels when I’m between danger and safety. I can say danger because I am accompanying a deadly stranger (I mean Dwight) and safety because I am out now from the building. Finally, I can go now. I start to walk away from him but he calls me. I turn around and he suddenly hugs me. I don’t know why but it feels so good.

Unluckily, he pushes a knife at my back. It is painful. I push him away and then I kneel down. He looks at me.

“Why?” I ask him.

“Why?” I ask him again.

“Why?” I shout. I open my eyes and look around. There is no one in my room, only me. I watch the window and it is evening already. I am waiting for someone to come. I look at the door and just praying that Sam will come or even Dwight. I am hearing noises outside from my room. I can hear people shouting. It is too weird because they are shouting about a knife.

Wait. They are talking about that thing.

That knife is the reason why my wife died, an old man says.

That knife too killed my younger brother, a young lady adds.

You should dispose that knife. It is a crap, another man adds to the conversation.

Since they are talking about knife, I should start investigating about it.

Two days pass and I am home now. I am still disturbed by my dream. I want to know the reason why there is a need for me to stay on that dream when in fact; my condition now is not so good. Thick bandage covers my infected foot and it is hard for me to walk fast. I am sitting on a chair while having a nice afternoon rest at my balcony. I am also thinking about Joan and Carlo if they are okay now.

Later, Sam walks inside my room.

“Hey, Kath, would you love to go swimming?” she asks me. I think she misses to look at my foot. It is in a bad condition.

“Oh, sorry, I can’t go with you. You know that I am still trying to recover,” I tell her. She sighs. I know that she is sad because this is the first time I ignore her invitation. “But there’s no need for you to feel sad,”

She hugs me. I know that she understands me now. The sun’s heat tries to burn my face but the strong wind still passes through me.

“I should go now,” she says.

“Okay, you should be careful, don’t go deeper,” I tell her then she runs out from my room. I try to think about her without me. There are some possibilities; I mean negative possibilities that linger in my mind.

I stand up slowly and try to move a little bit fast. I was on my way towards the door when it suddenly opens.

Oh my god, it is him.

“Be careful,” he helps me. His right hand curls at my back waist while the other holds my left arm. I am touch because of his thoughtfulness. We move downstairs. Step by step, I can feel that he is trying to exert force to keep my balance. I look at him. I can see no reaction from him or from his face rather.

“Thank you,” I say to him. I am searching for my brother Isle because he doesn’t watch any television show this time.

“Can we talk for awhile?”