Chap. 8 Lies

Note: Readers, please comment about my chapters.. I really need your support.

O______o

-8-

Lies

It is a cold, cold night.

We are driving north to the city for our first date. Actually, I cannot call it as our first date because we have our past for me to remember. Those special memories were so sweet as honey and sugar. As he is driving his motorcycle, he keeps on telling me to hold on tighter on his hips. I never think twice and I only do what he says to me.

“Are you ready Katrina? Here we are,” he stops and parks the motorcycle on a meadow where I can see a series of lights and a table set with a candle light and a rose on an emerald vase. Wow! It is so beautiful. We are like moving in an enchanted place full of fireflies and above the skies where the moonlight is so bright. I look at him and he just holds my arm and lead to the middle of the meadow. It is great. It is great. My eyes sparkle like stars above me when I see how all these things is set. I feel like a princess now.

“Are you okay?” he asks.

“Yes, I am fine. Dwight, this is awesome! I’ve never seen like this setting before,” I utter. I sit rapidly in the steel chair and afterwards, he sits in front of me. I can feel the cold wind smashes to my skin. I can’t help myself getting crazy when the musician comes and plays his violin. Later, he pulls a bouquet of roses from his back. Quickly I pull it from him. I smell it and it is as perfect as perfume. As the music gets a little bit slow, my heart jumps in too much happiness. He suddenly holds my hands and without hesitation, he pulled me up from the chair. At that time, I am petrified.

“Am I dreaming?” I ask myself.

“No, you’re not dreaming. This is real. I plan this for the both of us. I know that this is the first way on how could I make you feel happy again. I remember the first date we had which is simple and it is not the same as this,” he pulls me tighter to him. I cannot breathe normally. “I am lucky enough to have you in my life,”

“I couldn’t believe why you said to me those things. It is impossible for me to believe it now and...” he covers my mouth.

“Can’t you stop talking about it? I do not care about our past anymore. What am I in focus now is you, us,” he says while his hands run to mine. It is cold. It is so cold. I remember all the happenings in the hospital when I was with him. It was cold, quite freezing.

I sigh. My eyes are still on him.

The dinner is excellent. As we are already done eating our meal, he suddenly pulls me up and we north down the meadow. I ask him if where is he taking me but he does not answer. I follow him down the hill and there, I see the sparkling reflection of moon from the river. I can see the city lights miles in front of me. It is still beautiful. Then, I feel his arms wrap around my waist.

“You know Katrina, I promise myself not to be far away from you,” he smiles as his eyes spark unto mine.

“Dwight, I am sorry for all the things I’ve done to you. I know that,” he suddenly kisses me. I am shock. I feel like I am in the air, flying so high at this moment of time. I never thought he does this willingly.

Silence

The music from the wind is so perfect.

“Don’t ask again,” he says. “I am thinking now of our new future behind us and not our miserable past. I offer my heart to you. After all this time, I am thinking of you. From the time we meet again, to the hospital, and now, in this romantic date of our, just a memories of a new beginning, a new start”

“So you mean that this will jump to conclusions?”

“A little bit,” he chuckles. Oh my God, he is damn handsome again. I wish he smiled every time. His eyes are the sparkling sapphire gems I ever seen. “I am a man who has no condition or any consequences when it comes to you, Kath. The only thing I am afraid of is being apart from you,”

“Are you telling me that I am your responsibility? If we totally let go of the past, we could have just started a new beginning. Dwight, I am afraid about the things that will happen in future,” I say.

The music is still goes on from afar.

“Kath, can I ask you something?” his hands run through my waist line. It is like an ice bag when it touches my skin. He suddenly lay down his chin unto my right shoulder and his face is just right through me. I can’t move.  His warmth makes me petrified.

“Dwight,” I pause and stop him. “I can’t”

“Why?” he asks.

I spend a little time thinking what to do afterwards. I can’t just kiss him. It is so dangerous for me this at this time. Kissing is the worst habit I ever learn. I admit even to myself that I have already kiss Dwight a thousand times as what I remember. However, if I will do it then something might change.

“Why are you ceasing me to kiss you? Is there something wrong?” he asks in a low voice.

“Nothing, There is nothing wrong with you. The only reason is,” I think again. Think. All the time I see his eyes, the answers are lost. I feel like empty when I am with him. At last, I get myself rid of this problem. I know what to answer in that hidden question. I look into his eyes again and the memory flashes back. I remember the last time he attempts to kiss me. I insist because of a nonsense reason, being a virgin. Oh, I know that virginity is not an option or what I mean that is not the main reason why I don’t like to kiss him. Kissing, for me, is a bad habit. When it will be a bad habit? It is when I kiss him and suddenly, I might be drawn unto him. Thus, kissing will be my last priority of all. All I need to think first is work, work, and work. Okay, I need to work and not to do these things first. I go straight to my point and tell him the truth.

“Dwight,” I call him. He only bends down his head and seems like having doubt in me.

“Are you angry with me? Please just tell me the truth, are you angry with me?” I force him.

“No. I am not mad at you. I am just thinking of something strange,”

“Strange? Is there a problem?” he abruptly holds my hands after I ask him that question. I am starting to feel strange about him. From the time we met again and until now, he seems like to act strange.

“You are not leaving Phoenix again,” he says. I am puzzled.

“Wait. Can you explain this?”

“I will send you now to your home,” he quickly pulls me towards the parking area and then we drive to my house. I am totally puzzled about this. Is he hiding something from me? Is it all about the kiss? I want to ask him why but he is serious. I cannot even tell a joke in him because his face is in black and white. I only hug him tight and later on, we arrive to my house.

I see my mom at the kitchen room.

It is silent and freezing atmosphere.

It is strange.