Chap. 2.3

“Dwight, why are you…” my voice crack. My throat ignores to produce a sound.

“What is it?” he raises but my voice still unrecovered. I cough and cough until I find myself in tough danger. The room is getting cooler again with my continuous coughing illness. I hold his hands getting my hands warm first.

“Are you okay, Katrina?” he asks consciously.

“Ye-ye-yes” voice freezing. “Ca-can you turn of the air-conditioner?”

He stands up and higher up the temperature in standard.

“Is that okay for you?” he consults, looking at me. I never nod. I think that the coolness of my environment will disappear but it is still cold inside. The temperature is not changing and still in temporary condition.

“Dwight, it is still cold. My body is congealing. I need some warm air”

“Wait, I will call some personnel”

“Don’t leave” I abruptly speak out. He stops at the door. “I do not need anyone else. Please stay”

He turns and step a little bit.

NERVOUS. AFRAID. GUILTY.

I feel frown as he says these words.

“I hate the way you are begging me not to leave but if you could still remember the time I was the one pleading you not to leave, you do not even given me a chance” he tightens his hands on the bar.

“What is your problem? I am sorry if I leave you no choice. I want this job and I really love it”

“That was the problem I already knew before. You break up with me for that job of yours. Look Katrina, do you remember the time that I promise of you about something”

He let me remember the things he says to me after college graduation. At his house, inside his own room, all those words are still stuck on my mind. I know now, it is all about the proposal. He promises me those two years after he will come back from Europe, he will marry me. I am feeling like flying high unto the sky hearing those words from his mouth. Conversely, some things must I prior first in life; the job in Manhattan where I am working now and my family to live a happy life. I feel sorry for myself that he is out of my list. I realize that he is also important to me.

He still looks at me, giving me some unconditioned emotions of mine.

“Stop. Stop doing that to me. I cannot take it anymore,” I cry. “I have no idea what are you talking about”

“You are a liar. How could you diminish that promise of mine at you brain. You know Katrina; I am so foolish that I let you get into my life. I am so menace that I let my heart fell in love to you. Before you, I am so happy with my friends”

I cry harder, letting tears of mine to overflow from my eyes. It is okay for me now to have eye bugs because I have my facial cream at the house. This moment is happen only once in my life then it will never come back. I should not be affected to what he says to me.

TEARS. They are meaningless until pain from the past was recovered.

He stands up, going outside the room. I did not stop him. I let him get away from me.

“You are free now to leave me and never come back. As long as you do not want me, I will never need you too. I will accept death than being with you forever”

I cry even harder until I bow down my head and never predict him goes back inside the room. These meaningless tears are the ones who cause my heart some injuries but cause a big wrinkle in my eyes.