Lancester Library

Lancester Library

Chapter1

5:47 pm, Friday, 3rd Floor of Lancester Memorial Library

"Oh my! It's almost 6pm. I haven't noticed the time." I murmured as I tapped my forehead and immediately grabbed the books I had used on my research project. They are all scattered on the table with my notes creating a messy working area. I carefully brought the books into a pile and carried them towards the shelves.

I sighed heavily with situation I'm on."Charrie, why now? It's really wrong timing! I don't have any choice but to do these all by myself", I talked to myself as I put the books back to their original place.

We only have one more week left to finish our research that's why we keep on coming back to the library to collect the details we need. If we're not in the library, we're spending our vacant time in the internet café or in our house completing our research. It's probably one of the reasons why she fainted in our Biology class yesterday. Dr. Smith, our university doctor said that it's overfatigue.

Why not? We always sleep late busy doing our projects, researches and even articles for our school paper. It has been a hectic month for us, indeed.

"Poor Charrie.." I whispered sadly. She's been my bestfriend since elementary. We took same high school and even attend same college, both freshmen in the course Journalism. One more thing that we have in common is that we are members of University paper, The Lancester Chronicles.

After high school, we both took the entrance examination in Lancester University. We managed to be in the top 20 examinees that got an average score of 95% or better in the entrance examination giving us the privilege to be one of the University Grantees. That's why we are striving so hard to maintain our grades.

When I'm done with the last book, I looked around and realized that most part of the library is already evacuated. Only the area where I'm working at has the lights on. Maybe I was so engrossed working without realizing that I'm the one left.

"Oh crap!" I remembered something then walked back to get my things. Students are only allowed to use the library from 7am to 6 pm. "I'll better move now before I get stuck in here."

It's very rare for the students to visit the 3rd floor since most of the latest versions of books are placed in the 1st and 2nd floor. You might be wondering why we chose to work in 3rd floor though most of books there are old or maybe obsolete. Well, since we have been researching on "Urban Legends", it would be better if we will read old researches and write-ups about those creepy creatures. Well, its Charrie's idea after all. She loves mystery and suspense while yours truly is madly in love writing in romance category.

"Yeah. I'm researching about creepy creatures and I'm on this creepy place, alone. I love to scare myself!" I uttered sarcastically. I let go a deep sigh.

I was wondering where I placed my gel pen. If my memory serves me right, I left it beside my notebook. Now, it's missing. I looked for it under the table anD smiled when I saw it. "There you are!" I was about to get my pen when the area suddenly got colder bringing shivers to my spine.

"Whew! That's freaking cold!" I grabbed the pen in the floor and hurriedly snatched my bag on the table. I run towards the air conditioner and switched it off. I almost reached the exit when I heard someone calling me.

"Miss, I think this is yours."

I was stiffened by the coldness of his voice. I reluctantly turned around and almost scream when I found that no one's behind me. I am hoping that someone is just playing a trick on me but what the hell! There's no one. I spotted my notebook over the table. Holding my breath, I walked slowly towards it and grabbed my notebook.

Strange!

I got a creepy feeling that someone was watching me from my back so I turned around but found no one.

Now, I'm being paranoid!

Suddenly, the room temperature gets colder again. "What The Hell IS GOING ON?" I reacted annoyingly. I stared at the airconditioner and I'm sure that it was off. I looked around then noticed that the curtains are now being blown by the wind from the open window. I swear that I've seen that closed a while ago.

I shook my head. I was about to go to the window when from my peripheral view, I have seen a shadow of a man leaning on the bookshelf near the table where I saw my notebook.

"Hey, it's not funny you know! If you have nothing good to do, just -", I was stunned because no one was there. Lights are turning on and off now like those I've seen in a horror movie.

"What The Hell!" I hurriedly snatched my things and ran like an idiot towards the exit. I don't care who the person was or what he might think of me. All I wanted is to keep myself away from that place.

****555555555*****

Enjoy reading? Please comment ,vote and fan?